Help please (tremoverb) footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Reaction score
Im jsut posting to see if any one out there can help me. I have a Tremoverb combo, the guy i bought it of lost the foot switch, if reasearched on the mesa site and it was just a 1 button channle switcher peddle. Now the tremoverb has basiclly been replaced with the new rectoverb and the rectoverb has a 3 button foot switch (channel selctor, reverb, and solo) I can't find any pictures of the front pannel of the rectoverb up close, but i was wondering instead of getting any other single button foot switcher (would that work????) i was wondering if i coudl use the rectoverb foot pedel. Would one of the buttons activate the tremello feature on teh tremoverb or woudl the amp need to be custimised for that to work??????????

I'm really confused and any advice would be gratley apricated some one must have been in my shoes before, and this site is the best chance ive got.

Thanks for your time.
Michael

Any footswitch should work fine, but you are only going to be able to use one function.

I just built a custom footswitch for my Tremoverb head with four switches, one for each function: Channel, FX Loop, Reverb, Tremolo. It works great and was easy to build, not to mention easy on the wallet :)

MJ

4nkam said:
Any footswitch should work fine, but you are only going to be able to use one function.

I just built a custom footswitch for my Tremoverb head with four switches, one for each function: Channel, FX Loop, Reverb, Tremolo. It works great and was easy to build, not to mention easy on the wallet :)

MJ

Dude... could you post some pics and maybe the scematic? Actually, I can't even solder... could I buy a footswitch like that from you?

Hey there, according to MB, the Trem-o-Verb was replaced by the Road-King, not the Rectoverb.

Footswitches are footswitches, but the Tremoverb requires 4 for full switching capability... it is possible to build a 4 switch panel (As I have done with 2 dual footswitches together, I have also custom-built the 4-switch footswitch for the trem-o-verb for 5 other people, some with the tremoverb head, some with the combo). So if you are in need of one, shoot me an email: [email protected]

The tremoverb footswitch signal polarity doesn't seem to be the same as other footswitch manufacturers, so it really isn't as simple as buying a generic brand.

I've gotten a whole bunch of emails from people asking me to build them a custom footswitch for the tremoverb... And while I do appreciate the business (from those that understand what the word "CUSTOM" means, I've decided to build several styles of footswitch for those looking for a lower cost alternative to a "Custom" footswitch.

I will be building 1 switch, 2 switch and 4 switch amp footswitches specifically made for Mesa Boogie Amps... obviously this includes the Trem-o-verb (tremoverb).

Each Footswitch will be made out of Diamond Plate Metal and still use TOP-SHELF switches and such, but what i really wanted to point out is that they will be VERY AFFORDABLE. check out www.DiamondPlateGuitars.com for pics in a couple of weeks... to get an idea of what it would look like, just imagine the Mesa Boogie V-Twin to get an idea of how cool a diamond plate footswitch looks. (if you want a plain-black footswitch, I can make those also and yes they're less expensive than the diamond plate but nowhere near as cool)

Another thing I want to point out is that I will not be making any "CHEAP" footswitches... if you're looking for cheap, take a look at the back alley of a chinese restaurant and you might find someone selling them there. Or you could even look down by the bay for the ones advertised as "for Mesa" that don't work because of the polarity issue.

UPDATE:
we have contracted with a new company to supply us with supreme quality die-case aluminum footswitch boxes. therefore we will be offerring footswitches at an even lower price-point than previously mentioned in a SOLID DiamondPlate finish. My personal opinion is that these new footswitches are even batter than our fully diamondplate built ones and will be able to withstand even more torture. So if you need one of these new awesome footswitches shoot us an email: [email protected]

we are working on the website so check in about a week or so to see images of some of our footswitches at http://www.DiamondPlateGuitars.com (not to mention the smokin' diamond plated guitars we custom make.)

Note: we make footswitches for almost all mesa boogie amps (plus Laney's,
Marshall's and for pretty much any high end amp)...

Why do Pro's ask us to build them footswitches? other than for superior quality and the fact that diamond-plate looks cool as hell, we do "multi-switching" .... so here's how this works:

let's take the tremoverb for example: lets say that you need to switch on the reverb,tremolo and the effects-loop at the same time during a song, it is simply NOT possible to stomp 3 separate switches quickly enough to not make it sound like you screwed up.... our solution to that is a custom multi-switch, that based on our client-musician requirements with one single switch, turns on or off ALL 3 of those... or any combination of switches, i.e. channel+effectsloop or reverb+tremolo etc etc etc... there are lots and lots of combinations...

Let us know when your wes site is up and running.
Do you have the matt black finished diamond plate to build from?

The BLACK DIAMOND PLATE That I currently get is what is considered "cosmetic grade" i.e. Non-structural by my standards (unlike the solid aluminum I use which can definitely be used as a structure) it isn't as flat black as an ultra-flat, but certainly not glossy/shiny either... what were you looking to have made with it.

PS... if any of you are interested in what my work looks like, I have a diamond-plate guitar for sale on eBay right now, here's the listing number 290025388601

It's awesome, if I do say so myself...

AA

Hello All... all our sites are up now... can't say they're perfect... i guess that's version 2.... in the meantime have fun...

AA

to prs1999: Had a lengthy call with my metal components supplier this morning... as of today, I am being told that they have stopped producing it in favor of the glossy black diamond plate(i.e. only me for the past few years) so it looks like i'll have to find a new supplier for flat-black diamond plate... if any of you guys know of anyone producing flat-black diamond plate please let me know....

thx
AA

Update: Since the ultra-flat black thick diamond plate was a significant part of our business and due to our supplier's manufacturer discontinuing the product we embarked on a mission totry and figure it out ourselves. We are now again offering the thick ultra-flat black diamond plate for all of our products.

AA

Latest posts

Back