HELP! new RK headshell but reverb is whacked

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Was your reverb working properly before the swap but after Barney got smashed? Try plugging in another reverb tank. Do you still have your Mark III? You can try that one just to see if it is the tank or not.

If the old tank works then use it. I would send the new tank back to Mesa but call them first to let them know the problem so that there won't be a problem getting a refund.

How is the new head cabinet? Got pics of ninja Barney yet?

You sure do have nice cabs there rabies. I would like to add both to my stable someday.

rabies said:
2nd digit is for input impedance, which is different for the two units I now have:

If you ever watched the first Karate Kid movie, you will understand what I'm saying.

"Daniel son" "Now show me, paint the fence" :lol: :lol: :lol:

It takes many years to be wise to the ways of the Boogie, even if you live in California. I am still learning everyday :D .

I was thinking about getting one and loading it with the 400 watt EV's to make a 1600 watt cab. :roll:

I would actually just run a pair of 200 watt EV's in the bottom with the C90 tops or maybe get a couple more 200 watt EV's if I felt like it later.

rabies said:
I think the point is to find an amp/spkr cab combo that would do leads and rhythm parts justice.

I like how Gojira uses DR with Marshall cab.

definitely and I know Russ was joking, for sure overkill.

the JCM Marshall/DR pair up definitely has a particularly cool sound to it and I've run my DR with this setup in the past. I still love the halfback tone more though !

Actually I don't think I would ever play loud enough to ever do a 1600 watt cab justice even if I was touring nationally on a label. That was just being silly. On the other hand, I like the thought of the EVM in all positions for absolute clarity and no speaker breakup. The EVM in my eyes is one of the most honest speakers you can buy and it reproduces nearly exactly what you put into it. Thus, the idea still stands in my head to run the 200 watters in all four holes of the 4x12. However, I do see the need to flavor it some with C90's at times. It all just depends upon what you are looking for. I certainly wouldn't use that cab with my JMP. My greenback loaded Marshall is all I ever need with that amp aside from some occasional 65's action in my other cab. Personally, I don't think I would ever necessarily need a 4x12 halfback. I think the 2x12 would do just fine. If I needed to be louder I would be mic'd anyway. I kind of like my hearing. Right now I hear enough to know what I don't want to have to.

Latest posts

Back