HELP NEEDED!!! -Wiring solution-

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValloHET

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I've just bought a mesa high gain amp switcher but I'm having some wiring problems with my rig.
Let me explain, here it is my cascade setup:

- Transmitter
- Sony WRR-840 wireless system
- Dunlop DCR-2SR custom rack wah
- Mesa/Boogie TriAxis preamp (FX loop on with T.C. Electronics M2000) out A & B to TC stereo compressor
- T.C. Electronics M2000 (looped with triaxis)
- T.C. Electronics Triple C stereo compressor
- Rocktron Hush IIC
- Mesa/Boogie 20/20 power amp
(Roland JC-120H)
(Mesa high gain amp switcher)

I use my triaxis in stereo with A and B outputs, I want to keep that connection but the mesa amp switcher have only one output. I would like to blend the triaxis with the Roland just like James does keeping the stereo connection. So my questions are:
Is it possible to keep the stereo steup? How can I wire the whole thing? Have I done right to connect the units in the way I showed?
I looked to the diagram and it shows that I can use only a triaxis output...
Thanks for the help
ampswitcherJPG.jpg

Put the transmitter, wireless, and rack wah into the input of the Amp switcher. Hook up the triaxis switching jacks to the amplifier select jacks on the amp switcher so you can easily select the amp you want with midi. Take the amplifier sends to the input of the JC 120, and the triaxis. take the output 1 of the triaxis and put it into the return input 1, and take the line out or slave out of the JC 120 and put it into the return, then take the output 2 of the triaxis and put that directly into the poweramp. take the output of the amp switcher, and put it into one side of the poweramp. remember to connect a speaker cab to the JC head. Im not sure how you want the effects in each amp like wah, compressor, Rocktron hush, so tell me how you want those, and I'll tell you how to hook those up.

Hi and thanks for the reply.
I see that maybe I've done some mistakes, let me explain you how I connected the whole thing:
transmitter ---> reciever, balanced output---> input korg rack tuner, output --->input dunlop wah, output--->instrument input amp switcher.
This is the main connection, now I'll show you the loops:
amp send 1 ---> input triaxis, output A ---> amp return 1
amp send 2 ---> low input roland jc-120, line out normal (mixed) ---> amp return 2
Now from switcher out:
returns output---> custom Y cable---> balanced input L&R to TC electronics M2000, balanced output L&R ---> input L&R rocktron Hush IIC, output L&R---> input L&R TC electronics triple c compressor, output L&R ---> input L&R Mesa 20/20 power amp, output L&R--->input mesa 4x12 cabinet.

Previously having the amp switcher, I had the connection out from wah directly to the triaxis input and the M2000 was connected in that way:

triaxis send --->custom Y cable ---> balanced input L&R TC electronics M2000, balanced output L ---> triaxis return A
TC electronics M2000 balanced output R ---> triaxis return B

then the output A and B from triaxis went directly to the hush input and then to the compressor. Finally in the mesa 20/20 inputs and then to the cab.

As you can see I wanted to keep the M2000 in the effect loop, so I can easily bypass it with midi. Now I must keep it in the chain and I cannot bypass. It sounds ok, but if there is a way to keep the old connection I prefer to use it.
I don't know if I explained well the situation, if no, just tell me, I could do a drawing of the back of my units with the connection. If you have other tips just tell me.
Thanks for the help!!!

ValloHET said:
Hi and thanks for the reply.
I see that maybe I've done some mistakes, let me explain you how I connected the whole thing:
transmitter ---> reciever, balanced output---> input korg rack tuner, output --->input dunlop wah, output--->instrument input amp switcher.
This is the main connection, now I'll show you the loops:
amp send 1 ---> input triaxis, output A ---> amp return 1
amp send 2 ---> low input roland jc-120, line out normal (mixed) ---> amp return 2
Now from switcher out:
returns output---> custom Y cable---> balanced input L&R to TC electronics M2000, balanced output L&R ---> input L&R rocktron Hush IIC, output L&R---> input L&R TC electronics triple c compressor, output L&R ---> input L&R Mesa 20/20 power amp, output L&R--->input mesa 4x12 cabinet.

As you can see I wanted to keep the M2000 in the effect loop, so I can easily bypass it with midi. Now I must keep it in the chain and I cannot bypass. It sounds ok, but if there is a way to keep the old connection I prefer to use it.

do you want both amps to have the TC M2000? if not, just put this in the loop, and leave the other stuff the way you have it hooked up. you have everything hooked up right, but if you really want it in the loop of the triaxis, put it in there, and leave the JC dry with only its chorus. that may be the best way to do thing If you really want the M2000 in the triaxiss loop.

HTH :D ,
Zach

Well, I prefer to use the M2000 only with triaxis, there are a lot of patches ready, but I use only the 2 patch engines as a parametric eq on my main crunch tone and on clean tones I just add somereverb/chorus. Since now I use a roland too in my setup I prefer to use the roland chorus and leave the M2000 in the triaxis fx loop just to make more "spacy" the clean channel with a bit of reverb combined to the roland. Do you think that I'm doing the right thing in this way? I'm new to bi-amping and I don't have a lot of clues... I think that if I keep the M2000 in the triaxis loop my rig could be more "versatile", because I could even exclude the effects and use the triaxis directly in the power amp.
Could you show me how should I connect the whole thing in the 2 ways?
Thanks again :)

Thanks!!! I'll modify the wiring and see what happens. I'll let you know wich one works better.
:D

Latest posts

Back