Help my Mark V won't turn on!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ecthelion

Reaction score
I turned it on and it was on for a second or two, I then turned and grabbed my guitar and when I turned around again it was off. I waited a minute or two, then I tried truning it on again, and it won't turn on. I checked both connections to the power cable and they are both in. I'm hoping it's just a fuse, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me?

Do any tubes light up? Any lights on front of amp? Do you have power in the outlet? Were speakers plugged in? Did it ever make a sound? Do you have any sort of meter in the house? Pull the fuse and look at it, test it with meter if you can't see it broken. A blown fuse is not necessarily a good thing. Something else is bad wrong causing it to pull too much current.

Ecthelion said:
I'm hoping it's just a fuse, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me?

The fuse blows for a reason. Check the fuse to see if it's blown. Replace the power tubes (one pair at a time or all 4), replace fuse if required. Try again.

I think it is the power tubes however I am not certain, I am going to try to replace all of them and maybe the rectifier tube, however I have one question. Will I have to re-bias my amp if I get the exact same power tubes and rectifier tubes as are in my amp now?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot; I should have checked my manual.

Ecthelion said:
I think it is the power tubes however I am not certain, I am going to try to replace all of them and maybe the rectifier tube, however I have one question. Will I have to re-bias my amp if I get the exact same power tubes and rectifier tubes as are in my amp now?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot; I should have checked my manual.

just run it in solid state recto mode and you won't need to replace the rectifier tube immediately while troubleshooting...

Latest posts

Back