HELP! MR settings for CRUSHING metal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this. Set the gain low, around 1:00. Now play with the bass control and see how much low end you get from 12:00 to max. Now this time try with the gain at at least 3:00.

One thing you may want to think about is adding an equalizer to your rig. Can make a huge difference. Good luck!

I run channel 2, modern mode, gain at 10:00, and boost it with a Wylde OD. I've got crushing metal tones all day long! This little thing is AMAZING! I re-tubed with Mullard EL84's, a JJ ECC803S in V1, a Tungsol 12AZ7 in V2, and JJ ECC83S's V3-V5. I also run a closed-back Thiele cab, and have another on the way. It's absolute tonal metal bliss. Couldn't be happier!

I came across those settings,balls to the walls:)

Master: 9
Gain: 11
Bass: cranked
Treble: cranked
Mids: off
Presence: 10/11

Modern,25 watts into a Mesa 4x12!!!!
Too much crush for me:)

Holy sh^#{t;-)

Wow! I am not a metal player by any means, and my OD tone is had with almost polar opposite settings to what you all are going for. This is just a testament to how awesome and versatile the Mini Rec is that it can serve so many masters with such divergent tone requirements. Just awesome.

Latest posts

Back