Help! MkIIB Heater wiring

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry the Horder

Reaction score
Can anyone give me details for the wiring of the Heaters on valves 4 and 3b I think I have found my problem but the circuit diagram does not give any detail on the Heater connections on these valves.Is this correct?
Valve 4 pins 4 and 5 go to an electrolytic cap and then on through circuit track through a 1N4006 Diode to pin 9 of valve 3b I have a break in the circuit between pins 4 and 5 and the electrolytic cap (neg end ) but don't want to hook it up till I know it's correct. and also what is the correct cap to go in that location as the one in at the moment looks like a foreigner??

I think you are looking at the relay voltage supply. On the schematic it is jumped off one the heater supply with a diode and a 470uf/16V cap. On all preamp tubes pins 4 & 5 should be soldered together on the circuit board. The heater wires should jump from pins 2 & 7 on one of the power amp tubes and connect to pins 4,5 and 9 on the V1. The rest of the heater circuit should be on the underside of the board connecting the rest of the preamp tubes. In typical Boogie style, you should be able to test for continuity from the two green cloth wires that come off the power transformer and connect to the phase inverter. Clip your negative lead to one of the green wires and test each tube at pins 4,5 and 9 and the power tubes at 2 and 7. On the footswitch side of the circuit, there is another 3uf cap with a diode as well. If you are sure it is shorted at the cap, then you can change it and test. Also, while you are in there, check the two 100 ohm resistors below the speaker jacks. In parallel they will be 50 Ohms. These are the ground reference for the heater circuit. This whole circuit is shown at the very bottom of the schematic coming off the 6.3V supply. Like most Boogie's, I think the schematic sent you for a loop.

Hi Boogiebabies,
Once again you have come to my rescue.Yes the schematic had me going loopy for a bit but I've managed to work it out how it is in the amp is backwards to what I thought. a 1N4006 diode feeds from pin 9 on V3b this runs to the relay and back through a trace to the 470uf/16v the negative end of this ( This is the bit I'm not sure of can someone confirm )connects up to pins 4 and 5 of V4 (in my case there is a break just at this point ) or maybe it is the other way? many thanks for your input I'll soon have it singing again.I have just performed that cap Job I've put of for years . after getting fuzzy distorted tones I decided to check it out and found a tell tell blister on the pos of a cap so bit the bullet and did the cap job. I'm going to change the 2x 220uf/63v and 470uf/16v also the 2x10uf/63v while I'm inside that will be a complete electrolytic cap job. It's been sitting a few years so better safe than sorry.
Once again many thanks.Harry

Back