Help me setup my rig for "one touch" control

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintballnsk

Reaction score
Hi,

Basically I really want to be able to toggle all of the amp controls and add effects pre/post gain all with one button.

Right now I guess my issue is the TS808 that I want infront of the amp. I want to toggle into clean with one step. Also I have a Roadster, I'm not 100% sure if can be commanded by a MIDI controller though the footswitch looks like it's midi.

What I want to use:

TS808->Noise gate->guitar input,

and a multi effects processor with selectable presets into the effects loop. I was thinking of something like a G-Major or better.

I would like all of this selectable with one switch.

Will something like a G-System take care of this?
Is the Roadster MIDI a myth?

hey paintball

What your going to need is a midi switching system. I have the RJM RG-16 and would recommend it for anyone looking for that one push button control similar to a modelling amp. The RG-16 will allow you to control all 4 channels of your amp as well as all 4 functions (FX Loop, Reverb, Solo and Mute). It also has 8 loops that you can use for bringing in and out pedals and fx units. The input is buffered and is extremely easy to setup. Its a great unit at a great price for what it does. Well worth the money IMO.... for its price you can get the rg16, a gmajor and midi foot controller for under the price of a G-System and you will have 10x the flexibility in routing your signal.

jdurso,

Would you mind showing me a pic of your setup with the roadster front and back? I would really appreciate it.

paintballnsk said:
jdurso,

Would you mind showing me a pic of your setup with the roadster front and back? I would really appreciate it.

not at home right now but my setup is stupid easy with the rg-16. The RJM RG-16 or Ampgizmo have cables that are specially made for certain amps. basically all you do is hook this cable from the rg-16 to the footswitch jack in the roadster and thats it. I do have my fx going through the rg-16 in loops but those are just as simple as well. I have loop 1 with my OCD, loop 3 with my axe-fx for front of amp fx (phaser, chorus, wah), loop 2 with my Noise Suppressor, and loop 5 with the axe-fx again whcih goes through the amps fx loop (reverbs, delays). But as far as the cable going to the roadster, its just one cable that uses the roadsters footswitch jack.

i'll get you a few picks soon of my rig.

jdurso said:
hey paintball

What your going to need is a midi switching system. I have the RJM RG-16 and would recommend it for anyone looking for that one push button control similar to a modelling amp. The RG-16 will allow you to control all 4 channels of your amp as well as all 4 functions (FX Loop, Reverb, Solo and Mute). It also has 8 loops that you can use for bringing in and out pedals and fx units. The input is buffered and is extremely easy to setup. Its a great unit at a great price for what it does. Well worth the money IMO.... for its price you can get the rg16, a gmajor and midi foot controller for under the price of a G-System and you will have 10x the flexibility in routing your signal.
word!
i love my RG16 as well - great unit for a decent price!
used a rockton patchmate in combination with an engl midiswitcher before - my sound imporved and my setup got easier after buying the RG16.

here is a picture of my rig:

case%201%200408.jpg

case%202%200408.jpg

and how all is wired up:

joes%20rackgrafic.jpg

Wow- that is a beautiful rig.....
maybe I will start looking into a small rack rig with select pedals. I was curious how the RG16 interfaces with a wah pedal- your diagram is a great reference-
Thanks...

Laskyman

Back