Help me set my Mark 5:25 Volumes with the GMajor

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volothampita

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm having some troubles trying to set the levels of my beloved Mark V:25 with the GMajor.

First of all I want to say I read both the manual of the mesa and the TC.

As a matter of fact, the only output level in the Mark V:25 is post loop - pre power amp, so it's equivalent to a fx send output, that means that each time I try to turn up the volume on my amp, the input level changes, so from what I've understood, I cannot set a volume on the gmajor and then change it on my amp, as I do with pedals.

Am I correct with this hypothesis?

Also I had to set the GMajor level to "consumer" rather than "pro", that means that the Mark V:25 effect loop runs at -10db (I thought it were 4db)

Thank you for the support

I finally found someone on this forum that had the same problem

http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68776

The solution was

Why don't you use the output level knob on your G Major as a master volume instead of the amp's masters? Set the amp's master knobs as high as you'd ever need it to be, and then use the G Major's output knob to tame it when you want the amp to be quieter.

Is this a good solution? I tried doing that but I'm not sure the amp will have the same tone then

Hi, I'm have Gmajor2 with my V 25. It works great, set it up as it is in manual - match the same vol level with loop connected and disconnected, and match both channels master to have the same volume level. Then use output on Gmajor when you want to control total volume (as it is described in the topic you are reffering to).

The only thing I'm not sure is to how set the input level on Gmajor2... while it is in "Pro" and Mark Master is ~11:00 - the input knob is on the max level and the signal is around -12db. According to Gmajor manual it should be ~-3db.
When I change to "Consumer level" the input level is higher, but it becomes veeery loud and I have to reduce output a lot...

Latest posts

Back