help me!! odd noise's coming from my 3ch dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metallicat

Reaction score
i made vids to help. let me know what you think it might be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpU9yIAPTPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhF9gMmPczQ

Dude, I would love to try and help - but I'm in the middle of nowhere with stone-age dial up connected at 14.4 Kbps. It takes me days to download a video :(

The first video sounds like it's just your note going to a harmonic? Not sure if that's what you're demonstrating

The second one sounds like a fizzley/crackle and that would be a preamp tube making that kind of noise/artifacts

Also, what the hell does LRRG mean? :D

Platypus said:
The first video sounds like it's just your note going to a harmonic? Not sure if that's what you're demonstrating

The second one sounds like a fizzley/crackle and that would be a preamp tube making that kind of noise/artifacts

so it's normal?

LRRG=Living Room Rock God.

What is a Living-Room Rock God (LRRG)?
Anyone who plays an instrument at home, and takes their playing seriously. There is no ability level requirement, only desire and love for music, especially the many forms of rock.

Platypus,

thank you for not being a f*cking as*hole and answering with a helpful response. i guess not everyone on this thread is a f*cking jerk, just the people in my thread.

i will replace my new preamp tubes with my old preamp tubes,
one by one
until i find out whats going down.

Thank You,

Stone

metallicat said:
Platypus said:

so it's normal?

Anyone who plays an instrument at home, and takes their playing seriously. There is no ability level requirement, only desire and love for music, especially the many forms of rock.

I'm sort of confused, are you demonstrating two different sounds you're hearing? :)

Platypus said:
metallicat said:
Platypus said:

so it's normal?

I'm sort of confused, are you demonstrating two different sounds you're hearing? :)

it's the same one. but like TomiR said it's probably a microphonic preamp tube

Definitely a microphonic tube. Tap the preamps lightly with your fingernail with it powered up and speaker on, just like you were doing on the top of the amp. This will tell you exactly which tube it is.

Tubes are hinky. One amp I had fell 6inches from an angle onto it's back in the back seat of my car. 10 minutes after hooking it up I blew a 3 week old power tube. I got a brand new EH 12AX& from Doug tubes and it was bad. He sent me a new one but it does happen/

Your videos cracked me up...Nice playing on Down BTW.

Back