Help me ...LSS? ...keep what I got?? ...argh!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
Let's just say I love my DC5. I've bonded with her for almost a decade now, she's been purring with NOS tubes and a Thiele for some time now. And man does she get along with my Strat! But my problem (and it IS a problem, mind you), is that infernal GAS issue. That and the fact that I keep reading all these DANG GREAT THING about the LSS. Every forum. It's nearly universally liked, even by the so-called non-boog crowd. I can't justify having both (actually I "could" for myself, but I do have a wife and kids to feed ...Not to mention I "just" picked up another guitar...)

So give it to me straight. Am I merely suffering from "grass is greener" syndrome since I find nothing lacking about my glorious DC5 tone? Or have I just not seen the light, and the LSS will school me in how tonally lost I was, but now am found. Any feedback from those that have owned or used both would be tremendous.

BTW, I want to stick with a 112 as portability/weight is very important and my DC5 is already on the outermost edge on my "portability/convenience" scale. Thanks, all!!

Edward

You are powerless - its useless to resist ... get out there and try a LSS. I bought a ROV 2 months ago and swore it was the best amp I ever had. 3 weeks later I needed the LSC and I ended up selling my ROV. GAS is weird like that.

There's a very good chance that you find nothing lacking about your DC5 and you'll love the LSS. :twisted:

I agree with Maury! It sounds like you really want to try one, so do it! If nothing else, you'll convince yourself that the DC5 is all that, and forget the LSS. If (as I suspect) you decide that you have to have the LSS, then I'd say that a guitarist is allowed a new amp once per decade. It could be your year!

Let us know!

Cheers,

Richt :D

I've been playing 25 years and owned over 30 guitars and something like 20 amps. I SALUTE you if you've managed to survive a decade with a single amp :shock: !! Buy the LSS and keep the DC-5. You owe it to your other amp to give it a buddy to hang out with. And just think, you could run them in stereo. Since I discovered running in stereo with 2 amps 22 years ago nothing less will do.

Oh yeahhh, you guys are a LOT of help! ...My fault for going to a bunch of drunks looking for sobriety! :)

GAS sucks! I already mentioned a recent axe purchase (jumped into the Tele waters for the first time and really dig it). And earlier but within this last 12 months or so, I just bought a Princeton Reverb II (one of those cool Rivera Fenders ...nice!!) as a smaller/lighter grab-n-go amp for when I didn't (or couldn't 'cause of which car I was driving) take the Boog. So my DC5 is what I call the "large hardware" ...I can't justify keeping 2 pieces of large ware ...if I actually got paid for playing, then maybe ;)

I guess I just gotta get it out of my system and try one. I suppose I "could" hate the LSS ...doubt it, but it could happen. Or maybe I'll try it and figure it doesn't suit "me" as much as the DC does ...that's possible. But I'm afraid of door #3: I love it for other tonal reasons that the DC5 can't fill. So how about that for a question:

Do you think the LSS will cover more (wider) tonal ground than my DC5? I know that's a hard one to answer, especially since I had mentioned some tube changes I did to sweeten the tone. If it helps you counsel my affliction, I play contemp, classic, and blues-based rock with some forays into pop-ish punk ...nothing heavy like metal or shred. OK, lay it on me. Talk me off the ledge ...or just push me so I don't see it coming. :)

Edward

Here's my opinion:

Don't buy the LSS. I went through the exact same thing as you. I own a DC-3 combo which I love. I bought the LSS figuring it would be better. It wasn't, and it was also twice the price. There's no way I feel that the LSS is worth twice the price of a DC-3. So I sold the LSS and got it (GAS) out of my system.

The only other amp that I feel is slightly better than my DC-3 is my MKIV. That's it! I've owned a bunch of amps. Many different brands too. My MKIV is my favorite, my DC-3 is next. I'll never sell those two.

remember people, this is just MY opinion.

If you are looking to replace an amp you are happy with - don't.
If ya need/want something the DC isn't giving ya - fill that need.

My MkIII covered me for 20 years, until GC had the Stiletto blowout...
8)

Latest posts

Back