help me finalize the mark 4 tone i have been searcing for.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
i will try to phrase this question to make some kind of sense.i love my mark 4...although it has taken me a while to understand the ins and outs.there are so many factors that alter your tone...i guess the point i am at now,i am struggling with the use of the simul-classa...the pentode-triode...and the mid gain- harmonics and full and tweed power switches.should the use of pentode-simul-full give me more punch?should i lose the slamming dimebag darrell type of punch using triode class a-tweed power.i am in the process of experimenting at gigs and sometimes i feel my ears might be playing tricks on me.thanks for any input.

billyg121 said:
i will try to phrase this question to make some kind of sense.i love my mark 4...although it has taken me a while to understand the ins and outs.there are so many factors that alter your tone...i guess the point i am at now,i am struggling with the use of the simul-classa...the pentode-triode...and the mid gain- harmonics and full and tweed power switches.should the use of pentode-simul-full give me more punch?should i lose the slamming dimebag darrell type of punch using triode class a-tweed power.i am in the process of experimenting at gigs and sometimes i feel my ears might be playing tricks on me.thanks for any input.

The Mark IV can get that type of punchy distortion with no effects? Referring to the dimebag comment.

I think it depends on what you are going for. If you change some of the universal settings like the pentode/triode, simul, and tweed you may rob the clean sounds a little.

I personally like the Tweed power for the crunch but my shimmery clean suffers a little.

Scott

Latest posts

Back