Help me decide today on a Mesa 4x12 for a Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traditional (Stiletto) 4x12 or Recto 4x12 for Roadster?

• Traditional Stiletto 4x12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recto 4x12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

barneyc4

Reaction score
Hey guys ive been asking around for a while, but still haven't been able to make up my mind on a Mesa 4x12 for my Roadster head.

Its between the Stiletto Traditional 4x12 or the Recto 4x12.

I plan on getting a Diezel Herbert/VH4 in 2 months so I will be using this cab for boths amps. Roadster and Diezel Herbert/VH4.

My local Boogie dealer just sold the two Recto cabs they had so I can't really try one out.

I play stuff like Tool, Staind, Alter Bridge.

What do you think I should get? Im going to order one tomorrow in the morning. Please post some of your thoughts.

Go for the Recto 4x12, this is what I am using. Nice thick sound vs the traditional. Some might say it gets a bit flabby if you have the bass up too high but I've never had this problem and I run my bass around 2:00 or 2:30 (no need for more than that).

rabies, what do you mean by "anything more, mic it"?

is the g-flex with stock speakers better than the bogner 2x12 with v30s for my case?

I would try both if I were you and not buy because "bigger is better". I A/B tested these cabinets on my triple recto and liked the smaller one much better. If I didnt try them I would have bought the biggest only because it was the biggest :wink:

Go the Recto cab and if it flubs out reduce the gain a little. The MF cab I'm using is oversized and lowering the gain tightens it up.

Ciao ...

Back