HELP! les paul custom trade for 2 esp's?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone is a tad to patriotic in this thread....

seriously? just because something is not made in the good ole US of A you automatically discredit it? i'll tell you what, no matter how "good" or how "american" a guitar is, its not going to make you sound any better. you could have the most expensive **** in the world but if you cant play it then there is no point right?

just go with what your hands tell you. if you like the feel of the ESP and LTD more, then i say go for it. dont be embarrassed because OH NOES TEH INTERNETZ H8 0N M3 GETTING RID OF A GIBSON CUSTOM! who cares? you already have 2 anyways, so why not spice things up a bit? your obviously seriously considering it because you went so far as to post a thread on it, so go for it if that is what your gut is telling you.

nathan28 said:
I was talking about his style being unique dumbshit, not my guitar or my style. Go play your foreign made guitar through your american made amp. :lol: Like i said see if you can get anything for trade in...

Well, USA is foreign to me.

I don't own a USA guitar, nor do I plan to.

My Japanese Ibanez is fine for me, countless guitar heroes agree.

Do you really think Metallica, Satch, Vai, Gilbert, Ron Wood etc etc would play their instruments if they were "foreign made crap" as you put it?

:roll:

I have alot of respect for Japanese-made guitars. The quality is on par with US made guitars, if not even better (There are many out there who feel that the Japanese-made Fenders are as good, if not better than their US-made counterparts) And many of the Japanese Fenders are becoming very collectible, I predict that the Japanese Fenders will start commanding $1k or more in about 10 years. The Koreans have been making some pretty nice guitars over the past several years. But I don't think I can ever bring myself to ever buying a guitar that is made in Indonesia or China, I don't care how good it is . (Especially if it was Chinese...)

Now, it's kind of pointless to keep arguing over whether or not a ESP/LTD is better than a Gibson, PRS, US-made Fender, etc. Different people are going to like different guitars. It's like when rednecks start arguing over who makes a better pick-up truck: A Ford man is always going to diss on a Chevy, and a Chevy man will diss on a Dodge, even though all 3 of them are decent trucks that will get whatever task done that is needed.

But, when you look at the facts, in the used/vintage guitar marketplace, most of the US-made guitars hold their value better than many of the Asian-made guitars out there...regardless of whether or not you may or may not like it..

So let's please cease with the personal attacks & lets be a little more respectful of others opinions. This discussion board used to be for the most part free of the name calling & what not....let's leave that to the politicians & the kids, & return to civil & courteous discussion...

i saw a video of japanese coming to nashville to gibson factory years back. they were junking guitars that didnt make quality control. the japenese factory rep was in shock because he thought all the pile of scrap should have been used.

this is why they had him to nashville so they could show him what they mean by gibson quality.

this is not to say japanese dont make any good quality instruments, but it is a story that is both true, and involves gibson and japanese.

by the way, every new gibson custom les paul i have played in the last year or 2 felt crappy. I dont know if im getting some crap in the local stores, or if they are changing their manufacturing methods, or standards, or what, but I expected to find something not unlike the one I own when I was using them to audition a new boogie. Kind of depressing if this is not unusual. I hear they make them chambered now.

ah whatever. to me, unless something is custom shop these days, there are going to be decent and crap models of every guitar. i open up my SG and there is a big piece of wood missing under the pickguard by the neck. my ibanez just plays like crap. america, japan, korea, mostly all crap.

but im sure we can all mostly agree that mesa/boogie = pretty friggin' awesome

Buy boutique guitars.

You wont go back to factory pieces REGARDLESS of where the factory is.

Back