HELP!!! HELP!!! Triple is not working!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zakkfaerum

Reaction score
Hey there, I have a 3 channel triple recto and it keeps blowing fuse. I mean as soon as I switch on the power. I did a complete retube and still same thing. WTF?? Anyone else have this problem.

Thanks!!!

You replaced EVERY single tube in your amp with known good tubes? Including the rectifier tubes (3), power tubes (6), and preamp tubes (5)?

I'm going to bet that it's most likely a power tube or rectifier tube problem. Flip your amp around and turn it on from the back so you can watch the tubes.. your bad tube will produce a nice blue arc (very neat actually despite being a pain in your ***). If it is a power tube, replace its pair as well (triple design = 6 power tubes, the pairs are (1)(6) (2)(5) (3)(4) ) and you should be all set. You do not need to replace a rectifier tube if the others are bad, nor the preamp tubes if it ends up being one of those.

If you're sure it isnt a tube problem then it might be the power source, cable, and finally and least likely due to the sound of the problem, something more serious with the amplifier you'd want to have a tech check out.

yeah, I know all this stuff, but jewel light will light up for .0000000002 seconds and go off. Fuse blown. Amp is full of known working tubes.

i took the chassis out and the wire from the power source to the circuit board and the circuit board to the transformer....where they meet at the circuit board, looks kinda wrong, especially comparing it to my Dual recto. May have been tampered with???

WTF!!!

This just got here today. :x :x :x :x :x :x

NoGlassNoClass said:
Try it in Silicon Diode with the rectifier tubes removed and see what it does. A bad power tube wont blow the fuse until you come out of standby.

hey man, did it still blows the fuse!!!

Just arrived today as well

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Slightly annoyed am I!!!!!!

Might be something as simple as a wire jarred loose in shipping...then again it might not. Without having it right here to look at I would hate to just guess and maybe create more problems than you already have.

Its just very annoying living soooo far away from a Mesa tech.

Does anyone have some gut shots of a 3 channel triple??? It should be the same as my Dual as fat as wiring goes at the power chord and fuse aand such right

cause this one looks a little different!!!

http://www.dotphoto.com/MemViewAlbum.asp?AID=3615226

go to page 2. picture 18 and on. you should be able to distinguish the 3ch shots from the older 2ch ones by the amount of stuff it has, so don't get thrown off by the other pics.

Ok everyone, a tech has it right now and I'll hopefully have the problem diagnosed soon. Thanks for the help people. I'll keep you updated.

Latest posts

Back