HELP!! DUAL RECTO SOLO HEAD or TREMOVERB?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zakkfaerum

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a Dual Recto Solo Head, 2 channel, one of the later model ones. I have a great opportunity to purchase a Tremoverb head. What should I do. I have never played a Tremoverb. Help me please.

Thanks a lot!!

Depends on what tone you want. I had a Tremoverb, and while it had a beautiful tone, it didn't fit what I needed. Tremoverb's also don't seem to have as much gain as other Dual Recto's. I actually preferred my 3 channel dual recto over the tremoverb.

I just liked the feel of the dual recto more, the tremoverb is really voiced for jazz, blues and classic rock, it can do metal, but it just excells at blues and jazz. I actually traded it for my Mark III and 2 mesa 1x12 cabs. The one thing the tremoverb has is the greatest clean channel I have ever heard in my life. The tremoverb also doesn't react the same as the dual recto. They are really 2 completely different amps, it's just really hard to explain. If you have them setup right next to each other, you can feel the difference more than anything else. I would really suggest trying it out if you can before you make your decision.

Incubus is a tremoverb with 30 effects in front of it. If you've ever seen his pedal board you know that most of his sound is his effects and he almost never uses distortion. He uses a vox and a marshall now though with the same pedals, and he sounds exactly the same.

ToneAddictJon said:
Tremoverb's also don't seem to have as much gain as other Dual Recto's.

I would have to respectfully disagree. I have 2 Dual Solos, and 2 TOVs.

The TOV can just get SICK distortion - IMO even more so than a Dual Solo. I don't know why - I always use the same tubes in all my Mesas (except my Marks).

The TOV can do EVERYTHING. If I honestly had to choose only ONE Boogie - which *gulp* is asking alot - I'd go with a Tremoverb.

You're certainly right - it can do Jazz, Blues... But it definitely has it's place in the world of rock / metal.

E.G. A common misnomer is that the Mighty Het uses Triples to get some recto vibe to his new tone, when in fact, he uses a Tremoverb 2X12 combo in conjunction with his normal MarkIV tones.

Not trying to start a flaming war or anything - like I said - just my opinion.

Best of luck!

Lance

It could of just been the tremoverb I had (it was a very early one). Once again as many opinions as you get from all of us for or against the trade, try it for yourself and see if it's the sound YOU want. I honestly wish I could of gotten my sound out of my tremoverb, because it was such a fun amp. I really love this board, it's nice to have different views, and different experiences.

Im not actually trading my Solo head for this. It would be in addition. I would have both at the same time, so I guess I could always just sell one anyhow.

Would you consider $1,200 shipped good for a T-Verb head??

I would think $1200 shipped for the head is a decent price. Both heads should compliment each other really well too, I thought it was a one or the other, but both is better either or :wink:

ToneAddictJon said:
Incubus is a tremoverb with 30 effects in front of it. If you've ever seen his pedal board you know that most of his sound is his effects and he almost never uses distortion. He uses a vox and a marshall now though with the same pedals, and he sounds exactly the same.

listen to the album Science, especially the song Idiot Box. That is how every rectifier should sound IMO. The later stuff is all effects. Back in the day, he was much simpler

IMHO, I believe that the Trem-o-verb has more sounds and can do the things that a two channel Dual... I haven't heard one that has less gain than the Dual.. I suspect that if it is the case... the tubes need to be changed..

Well, the Tremoverb is on its way. I ended up getting it for less than I thought as well. Should be here next week. Can't wait!! :lol:

I suspect you'll notice a difference on the red channel's modern setting, that being of a lesser affect of (or re-voiced) presence, which some say is an attribute to the Rectifier's aggressive nature!

Latest posts

Back