help choosing an amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kolin

Reaction score
hi everyone, I recently bought a 3 channel dual recto, which i love for dirty sounds, however the clean channel is not as great it is still useable but it doesnt have what I am looking for. I am looking into purchasing a Fender Twin for cleans, but have also heard good things about the lonestar, could someone please give me an opinion on these two amps and which one would be best to go for. basically i just want a nice elastic sounding clean tone with lots of warmth and depth. thanks

Fender Twins has one of the nicest clean sound I ever heard, well a Pre-CBS my friend has. I would think a newer Twin would not cost as much as a LoneStar. But then you probably would like to explore all the options of a LoneStar[?].

Are you looking for a dedicated "clean" amp and want to save, I would go for the Twin.

But if you could afford a LoneStar ... :?

Maybe the LoneStar owners will chime in :eek:

I know a little about amps... (see my post "Whats wrong with me?").

The Twin is an amazing amp!! It's clean for miles, and LOUD!!! I'd definately go try one and make sure it's "Your" clean tone. Some people like the Chimey vox AC-30 cleans better. From what I've heard, the Lonestar leans more towards the Fender side of things but has a bit of a chime to it and isn't quite as "dark" as the Twin.

If you're looking for something kind of "old style" clean, check out the (don't laugh yet) Carvin Bel-Air! http://www.carvin.com/jamroom/ go down to the bottom and look for Bel Air 2x12. I'll have one of these some day!

I wish there was a place with Fender clean tones posted.... Oh well, the Bel Air is pretty cheap too.

Ps..... On a side note, I forgot to mention that I really like the cleans I've heard out of my Recto's. I don't know if the T-verb is different, but it is very nice IMO.

Latest posts

Back