hellpp..my amp doesnt turn on

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarman32

Reaction score
Ok I have a mesa boogie triple rectifier. I just bought 3 new 5u4gb replacement rectifiers, 4 matched Groove tube gt 6l6c and 2 Groove tube gt 6l6D (the guy said it would be ok if i mixed them in since they didnt have the the 6l6c. I lined them up right..so I go to turn it on and it stays on for like 3 secs and shuts off. Now it doesnt turn on at all...Any suggestionss? Im guessing that the Groove tube gt 6l6D (that the guy said would mix fine) maybe blew out a fuse? Where can you get fuses? The first and last tubes (6l6d) were also not lighting up in the orange color if that helps in short period it was on.

You blew a fuse for one of two reasons. Either your power tubes shorted it or the rectifiers did.

If you want to figure out which one did it, go buy some 4 Amp slo-blo fuses at the store. They usually come in packs of 4.. they're dirt cheap so buy a few just to have. Put a new one in, turn your amp around so you can see the tubes, hit the power and leave it in standby. One of two things will happen:

1) either it will immediately blow the fuse again and you will see a lightning storm inside one of the tubes, this is your bad tube.

2) nothing will happen until you put it into full on out of standby, at this point the same thing above will happen.

If it is a power tube, I'd recommend a new matched set to replace it. If it is a rectifier tube then just buy another one.

Good luck!

^He has it covered!

Sometimes, a new tube can just be bad....find out which one and they will give you a new one!

Yeah, they have it covered on what to do. As for what fuse it takes it should say on the fuse then just go to anywhere that sells fuses and pick some up.

Push in and twist...it should pop out!

Don't worry...it took me forever to figure it out too :oops:

i changed the fuse and the tubes lit up fine and everything works great lol. kinda werid but im guessing the fuse might of been on its way out before because of the old rectifier before fucking it up.

Back