Hello New Member Here: Got Some Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OoogVorbis

Reaction score
FACEBOOK
elliottwistband
Hello guys I'm a new member here and I have some questions, hopefully not too difficult, but anyway I have a 1995 MESA Tremoverb combo that I'm the original owner of and a little while back maybe half a year or better I ordered a preamp and poweramp tube set from Bob @ Eurotubes.com

Well, the brand is JJ/Tesla and it was just the 12ax7 High Gain Option for the preamp and the matched 6L6GC's for the poweramp, didn't bother getting new rectifier tubes cause I rarely use that mode. Well, I put them in and like the gain got cut like over half of what it should've been and thats even with the gain cranked??!! Well, I wound up seeling the preamp tubes on Ebay and put back in the 12ax7 Groove Tubes and left the JJ 6L6GC's in it, which are still in it right now. Well, when I put these tubes from Eurotubes in there my Orange channel lost volume and still doesn't get any volume at all even right now?? I don't know what happened and this is like the 1st really major problem I've had with this amp!!

What I'm wanting to know is there any really good amp techs, even qualified by MESA/Boogie in Ohio near Akron that I could take it too to have it fixed and whats your guy's thoughts: should I just get all new MESA Tubes and have those put in and sell the other ones that are in it too? I also have the original tubes that came in my MESA too but I don't trust them. Thanks guys!!

Have you put your original power tubes back in yet? It sounds like the common theme is that the amp has acted odd since you put them in, and I haven't heard that you switched them back yet.

Tubes are fragile things and the lightest bump in shipping has the potential to damage one. Bob @ Eurotubes is a good guy . Gibe him a call and he'll likely talk you through your issues and likely replace a faulty tube if something did happen to one of them in transit.

Silverwulf said:
Have you put your original power tubes back in yet? It sounds like the common theme is that the amp has acted odd since you put them in, and I haven't heard that you switched them back yet.

Tubes are fragile things and the lightest bump in shipping has the potential to damage one. Bob @ Eurotubes is a good guy . Gibe him a call and he'll likely talk you through your issues and likely replace a faulty tube if something did happen to one of them in transit.

^^^^what he said

Latest posts

Back