Hello! After a few years, like the prodigal son, i'm back!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macmax

Reaction score
Hello guys:

Here is my adventure:

I have been a Mesa player since 1993-4 i owned a Mesa Tremoverb combo (with large fries)
Well, i suddenly moved to the USA and had to sell my beloved amp.
When i finally got here i bought a Mark IV , great amp, but i still had the Tremoverb (modded) in my head and so i sold the MIV, then i got 2 Tverbs and none sounded like mine so i sold them and forgot about Boogie.

Then i started buying all the amps out there, Matchless, Budda( SD80 and i am looking for another one, i love that amp!) TR, Bogner, Fender, you name it.

Well i never thought i was going to buy another Mesa until i saw the ED video, but i never tried one.

So my best friend Ivan told me out of the blue he was very impressed with the ED, he owns a LC.
My friend is just a great player and knows more about tone that i will ever know in the next 4 lives!!!!!

So i went to Rudy's and i tried an ED, ****!!!!!!!! I just bought one and it will be here come Tuesday!!!!

I must say i am impressed and i am happy that i came back to the Boogie Family!!!!!

Hello Guys!!!!!!!

Welcome back. I am using the stick tubes but will probably try EL34's when it comes time to switch out the tubes

ive tried 34's and to be honest i like the 6l6s better. the 34's dont make much of a difference, except making the clean mode break up earlier.

macmax said:
By the way: Any tips on tubes for the ED?
Thanks

Not all EL-34's are created equal. The SED winged =C= will hhave a fuller, cleaner sound than the MESA STR-447 (sovtek). The MESA STR-450 (Siemens) have a good clean sound, but are very expensive. The Tung-Sol EL34B is developing a strong folowing of fans, as well. My Electra Dyne is loaded with Sylvania 6CA7/EL-34 '"fatboys" , that were verified as safe to use, as per my Weber bias-rite. 8)

One other tip. If you plan on running the stock preamp tubes, carry some spares. :(

Back