Heartbreaker settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sardocasm

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of any settings for a Heartbreaker that would give it a more modern sounding distortion. By modern, I'm not talking about Dual Rectifier distortion or anything like that, but just something that doesn't sound quite so classic rock.

Try this ; Guitar into Vox Brian May s/s amp, come out of the Booster output into your Heartbreaker input. Results : Heartbreaker becomes livelier ,even the reverb , The gain is more modern/ cleans more vibrant. Also try using Ch 1 for dirt/ Ch 2 for clean. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Heartbraekers are great amps! I own a head & combo ...EXPERIMENT!! 8) :idea:

I was just wondering if you found any tones that you like?

I have just started using my Heartbreaker, and am working on some mods for the Reverb. I'd really like to be able to get just a bit more distortion out of my amp too, before heading into the mud zone.

I have really old tubes in mine, so it's probably not a fair assessment yet.

Monsta-Tone said:
I was just wondering if you found any tones that you like?

I have just started using my Heartbreaker, and am working on some mods for the Reverb. I'd really like to be able to get just a bit more distortion out of my amp too, before heading into the mud zone.

I have really old tubes in mine, so it's probably not a fair assessment yet.
:idea: Yes, I constantly find great tones using the Vox Brian May/ Heartbreaker setup. Changing your tubes would be a good starting point for building good tone. Think of the small Vox amp as a preamp that wont diminish the Boogie's great tone, but it will enhance the gain, reverb,and the tone(like a pedal).

Latest posts

Back