Heartbreaker content- Need opinions please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babow2

Reaction score
Here’s the scenario: Let’s say you happened upon a closet queen Heartbreaker head. It’s in virtually like-new condition, is a version B ( later serial number) and still has all its tags on it. It is in a road case. Physically it looks brand new. It works perfectly. Let’s say the amp had been purchased new by a famous boutique amp builder for his personal use and study, and had seen only minimal usage in the shop since purchased. For all intents and purposes is basically “new old stock”.

The question is: Given the vaguaries of the economy generally, the state of the used gear market, and the relative desirability, or lack, of used Mesa gear and the HB model, what value range would you put on this amp? I’m open to what range you might opine either as FMV ( sale on boogieForum, TGP, Reverb, CL, etc.) or what YOU would be willing to pay for such an amp and road case.

Ready……..Go! And, thanks for playing.

$900-1100 unless it has 14 carrot tolex plus whatever the case is worth. I paid a little more than that recently for the green tolex I had never seen (2x12) but have seen cheaper. There is a better market for the LS's and they've been down as low as the $1000-1300 range.

It's worth more considering what you can get new these days but you said market conditions. The gibson/covid/mark II+ and III run-up tide that lifted all mesa's went back out to sea.

Consumers that aren't super rich, and musicians are not even close to that, are hurting so much I'm seeing some food prices finally drop meaningfully. Businesses have been unwilling to stop screwing everyone over for the extra pennies so it's obvious the consumer is breaking.

It could be a while before prices "recover" and in the meantime old mesa's are sporadically very reasonably priced to downright cheap. Some listers (not sellers) still think it's 2022.

$900-1100 unless it has 14 carrot tolex plus whatever the case is worth. I paid a little more than that recently for the green tolex I had never seen (2x12) but have seen cheaper. There is a better market for the LS's and they've been down as low as the $1000-1300 range.

It's worth more considering what you can get new these days but you said market conditions. The gibson/covid/mark II+ and III run-up tide that lifted all mesa's went back out to sea.

Consumers that aren't super rich, and musicians are not even close to that, are hurting so much I'm seeing some food prices finally drop meaningfully. Businesses have been unwilling to stop screwing everyone over for the extra pennies so it's obvious the consumer is breaking.

It could be a while before prices "recover" and in the meantime old mesa's are sporadically very reasonably priced to downright cheap. Some listers (not sellers) still think it's 2022.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back