Head or Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you plan on keeping your amp in one place all the time very rarely moving it then go with a combo.

If you plan on gigging quite a bit GO WITH THE HEAD!!!! Besides you get more flexibility with a head. (Different cabs..etc)

That being said the head is still heavy. :mrgreen:

jjboogie said:
If you plan on keeping your amp in one place all the time very rarely moving it then go with a combo.

If you plan on gigging quite a bit GO WITH THE HEAD!!!! Besides you get more flexibility with a head. (Different cabs..etc)

Ahem, you didn't bother to read the thread before posting, did you? :wink:

It's kind of ironic that about 4 posts above yours I replied to that exact argument.

And the post immediately above yours, the original poster says he's chosen the head. :)

Peace!

LesPaul70 said:
jjboogie said:

Ahem, you didn't bother to read the thread before posting, did you? :wink:

It's kind of ironic that about 4 posts above yours I replied to that exact argument.

And the post immediately above yours, the original poster says he's chosen the head. :)

Peace!

Such is the nature of forums! LOL :wink:

IF the Mark V combo is 80 lbs I must be more of a stud than I gave myself credit for. I lug this thing everywhere, I find the speaker is a great match.. for bigger gigs I have 1X12 ext cab I think its an express series. It's a great match, exact same dimensions and same speaker inside. I took the wheels off the amp and even the little brackets that the wheels slide into. The amp fits better on an amp stand without them, I don't like it rolling around in the back of my van and I was finding that I was carrying it more than rolling it anyway. But for me yes, kind of a traditionalist as well. The Mark started out as a kick *** combo amp and that's what I like about it (Even though I am running 34's now). I can take this little thing anywhere and melt paint if I want to ... never need to but it's nice knowing that I can... (paint is hard to get off sometimes).

As far as mixing and matching speakers, you should have a game plan of what you want going in. If you need 4X12 sound go get it, but one thing I have learned over the years is that more options can be expensive. Oh I love the sound of this cab, then a year later, you need a new sound so you start experimenting with different cabs and it may not sound any better it just sounds new but you spend the money anyway.

Well the bottom line is that with the Mark V having to make choices is the biggest downfall this amp has to offer, which is also what makes it great!

i got the combo. my previous (now for sale) setup is a rack and i wanted to get as far away as possible from that concept.
no extra cables, no nothing... im happy. ;)

Latest posts

Back