head / combo without screws?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcguitar

Reaction score
does anyone know if the Mark 5 can be ordered to not have those 4 screws holding the jute grill in place? are they decoration or pertinent to the amp?

i find them ugly, and if i get the amp.. dont want them ahahhaha

thanks
-d

im sure they hold the grill in place, if you dont need a grill then.... enjoy , they look sexy to me.
~mike~

phyrexia said:
if you asked them they could probably build you one without holes that velcros on.

Yes. Be prepared for a "slight" upcharge, though. :wink:

hmm.. well i ask because the mark IVs and prior didnt have the screw.. and they dont seem too different of a product. If i order it it'll be custom anyway.

dmcguitar said:
hmm.. well i ask because the mark IVs and prior didnt have the screw.. and they dont seem too different of a product. If i order it it'll be custom anyway.

That is not a true statement. My Mark IV combo has the screws on the grill...as has every regular production Mark IV combo I've owned in the past (about 7). The only version of the Mark IV combo I've seen without the screws is the wide body version...and likely because the speaker is rear loaded...so no need to remove the grill.

The Mark IV heads had the velcro/no screws because the faceplate was removable for tube access. I found it to be cheap and tacky. I, for one, am for the screws and want to know WHO'S WITH ME!!!

I was wrestling with ordering a custom Mark V - because I'd never bought a brand new amp in all my 24 years of playing. I thought and thought about orange bronco or wine taurus and kept on thinking. A month later I heard about a stock combo in salt lake city and ordered it over the phone. I wound up with black. I'm happy.

There was this old expression - "Shut up and skate!". When you get your Mark V, you'll be playing it, not looking at, is all I'm say'n. :)

Mark Fore said:
The Mark IV heads had the velcro/no screws because the faceplate was removable for tube access. I found it to be cheap and tacky. I, for one, am for the screws and want to know WHO'S WITH ME!!!

I'm in Mark Fore!

DaveDaveDave said:
I was wrestling with ordering a custom Mark V - because I'd never bought a brand new amp in all my 24 years of playing. I thought and thought about orange bronco or wine taurus and kept on thinking. A month later I heard about a stock combo in salt lake city and ordered it over the phone. I wound up with black. I'm happy.

Nothing wrong with a little vanity when it comes to your gear. However, owning the gear is more important then what it looks like off the top. I may have a custom head shell made down the road if I care enough.

DaveDaveDave said:
There was this old expression - "Shut up and skate!".

I read that and suddenly I had an urge to listen to Suicidal Tenancies, maybe dust off an old Skate Rock album

Latest posts

Back