Head and Cab Vs. Combo Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StratRat

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

A few noob questions to you all.

Do you get the same sound from both or do you notice a difference?

Can you get 1 Cab and buy some sort of switchbox for your amps?

Why are there differences in cabs i.e. Stiletto cabs Vs. Roadster cabs?

Are they voiced Differently?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I've been taking lessons for a couple of years now and I'm totally hooked. I picked up a couple of combo amps and there taking up way too much room and want to explore the Amp and Cab route.

Thanks for Looking,
Wayne

Heya Koprofag,

Thanks for replying. My intention is to run a Stiletto Ace and Roadster head in a Roadster 2x12 cab. Just trying to find out if I would lose anything tone wise with doing this instead of running a matching stiletto head and cab.

Koprofag said:
I doubt there will be any significant difference. And I didn't know they had Roadster cabs now.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/GuitarCabinets.html

The Roadster and Stiletto 2x12 seem identical to me. Same dimensions, speakers and material.

Yea, may be cosmetic.

Well, I have an early Tremoverb Combo (2X12) since new and if I had to do it again , I would buy a head and a cab simply for the weight issue. That frekin' thing is so heavy that it just about requires a 2 man lift unless you are the type that likes to punish yourself. :lol: Sometimes I just bring my PODXT to band practice and plug into the PA just so I won't have to shlep that "Combo" and that is truly sad.

IF you are going for a 1X12 then Combo would be the way to go for sure.

Latest posts

Back