having trouble with DD-6 and dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
hey everyone. Right now im trying to go from guitar-->delay-->dual rec input. My delay is very harsh sounding. Ill try to describe how it sounds. I hit the string and then the first delay is the same exact volume as the initial hit no matter how low I have the level volume on the DD-6, then the second, third, and so on are all very weak. I thought maybe about having it in the fx loop to see if that fixes it but I already have the g major in the loop. If anyone could help me that would be awesome. thanks for your time.

delays typically have to go in the loop or they sound harsh and distorted. HOWEVER, I don't find that problem if I'm using a delay on a clean channel outside the loop hooked up like you describe. Test it with clean and see if you have the same problem. I can sometimes use a delay outside the loop on a distorted channel too but that delay can only be slight - like just enough to add a quiet slapback or something.

yea its not to bad with clean but im actually strictly using it with distortion. Yet my gmajor is already in the fx loop.

don't have a G Major but you'd think you could put more than one thing in the loop (like you can stomp boxes). Pretty hard to live with one delay. There must be a way to do it.

Distortion after delay sounds like crap thats why a delay pedal in front of the amp should only be used with the clean channel. As for the DD-6 it's designed to be used at instrument level and therefore should be used in front of the amp, not in the loop. For good delay with distortion you'd be better off using the delay in the G Major.

t0aj15 said:
Distortion after delay sounds like crap thats why a delay pedal in front of the amp should only be used with the clean channel. As for the DD-6 it's designed to be used at instrument level and therefore should be used in front of the amp, not in the loop. For good delay with distortion you'd be better off using the delay in the G Major.

My DD-6 sounded great in the loop of my Roadster - it sounds just as good in my F-30.

Latest posts

Back