Have u noticed that channel1 has less volume than ch2 or 3?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackpiazza

Reaction score
yesterday, first gig whit my mark V... I had to balance volume output in this way

ch1: gain h11:00, Volume h12:00

ch2: gain h15:00, Volume h9:00

ch3: gain h15:00, Volume h8:30 (exremely low) - extreme mode

OUTPUT level: h13:00

in this way, i Have ch1 and ch2 with the same output level, and ch3 a little higher even if the master level is set very low..

is that normal?

is there any way to crank ch2 and ch3 up without loose balance volume with ch1?

Yes, this is normal. Different modes have different volumes. Tweed mode on channel 1 balances much better with extreme on channel 3.

eudaimonia02912 said:
Yes, this is normal. Different modes have different volumes. Tweed mode on channel 1 balances much better with extreme on channel 3.

hm i guessed... tell me, there are sound differences if I crank up the output level instead of (for instance) master volume of ch3? doesn't it cares?

I just posted a thread about this.

It is my one gripe with the amp. I cannot have super clean, fat, warm cleans and pushed high gain sounds at the same time.

I am actually using solo boost on the clean side at this point.

Hendog said:
I just posted a thread about this.

It is my one gripe with the amp. I cannot have super clean, fat, warm cleans and pushed high gain sounds at the same time.

I am actually using solo boost on the clean side at this point.

Each channel has a master volume. Is it something in the effects loop that's limiting the clean volume? I've noticed I have to run cleans close to clip, while taming the masters in the other channels to compensate. That being said I can get balanced tones simutaneously after some tweaking. Without the fx loop its easy to balance the volumes.

Differences in volume between clean and higher gain channels have been a feature of every Mesa I've owned over the years - the Stiletto in particular

But I keep comming back because the answer lies in channel specific vol / Wattage selection / rectifier options that make balancing output volumes achievable. I've had to invest huge tweak time to get it close, but the flexibility offered has made most things possible for my needs

Hmm, that does seem like a big difference especially when you've got the other modes at around 8:30/9:00 on the channel masters. My volumes are all slightly different, but they're more or less the same. I have noticed that I need to run ch1/ch2 higher than ch3. There's just too many things going on though in each mode to make it an exact science though!

The Clean channel, unless you are in Tweed mode, goes through fewer gain stages than the other two channels. So, therefore, it's quieter. Tweed adds an extra gain stage, which makes it louder.

The Master volumes are used to balance the levels between channels. The OUTPUT volume is used to change the overall volume of the amp. The SOLO control is just a boost.

Back