Have any of you guys dealt with tube warranty issues?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
I picked up 3 SPAX7's for my IIC+'s preamp today, only to discover that the little glass knob at the top of one was broken. I got the tubes from GC, so I'm not sure if I just take them back there or if I have to call Mesa about it or something? Anyone know what to do? Thanks.

Don't call Mesa, they won't be able to help you. They'll only help you if the tubes your amp shipped with malfunction within 6 months, I believe.

Take 'em back to GC with a receipt and hopefully they will replace them.

I'm assuming it would be harmful to use this tube in the amp like this correct? Not that I'm going to, I'm just curious. My IIC+ has to get sent to Mesa to be fixed anyway because today when I changed the tubes, a piece of the tube socket came out attached to one of the 6L6's. Thanks guys.

mystidream said:
I'm assuming it would be harmful to use this tube in the amp like this correct? Not that I'm going to, I'm just curious. My IIC+ has to get sent to Mesa to be fixed anyway because today when I changed the tubes, a piece of the tube socket came out attached to one of the 6L6's. Thanks guys.

Sheesh, rough luck. Yeah, it would either not work at all, or be harmful so... don't try it 8)

guitar center will replace them for you.
you might have to pester them, if they decide to be lazy about it like alot of accessories dept guys are (thats usually where they put least knowledgable guys it seems).

anyway, GC gets them for free from mesa all the time.
its part of their little deal as a mesa dealer.
GC's ops people deal with ordering the warranty tubes from boogie.

Back