Hated the Roadster and now love it

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats funny.. on my combo the layout seems perfectly logical. :wink:

Oh, how I wish I had a head/cab instead though... my combo is ridiculously HEAVY.

jamme61 said:
and anyone else bugged by the channel lay out? .. who came up with the idea of having ch 3 in the upper left with ch 2 to its right ... then ch 4 in the lower left with ch one to its right? ... very weird layout

t4d

That got me tooo, when i first sat down to try it, i was turning up the master on chn 3, when i thought I was on chn1, lol. Hey the other problem i had was seeing where the knobs where set. Do you mark the knobs to see where they're set? I was thinking a little nail polish on the little dimple on the knobs? i p/u one up tonight, can't wait, but really can't afford it either, so I'll have to sneak it past the wife tonight.[/quote]

I had the opposite experience. First I loved it, the I got tired of it and thought it was muddy. Now I think now I am starting to like it again.

123thefirst said:
jamme61 said:
i p/u one up tonight, can't wait, but really can't afford it either, so I'll have to sneak it past the wife tonight.

LOL That's so funny... But I picture it very clearly. What about the look on her face when she discovers yet another new amp in the basement?

LOL I know I'm going to keep the cover on it for at least a couple of weeks.
I also moved stuff around to not make it so obvious LOL. The roaster is very hard to hide, my marshalls just blend in and look the same. Still waiting to try the amp out.

Yesterday I paired my roadster with a Marshall 1960AV cab and I notice a huge improvement in tone imho. I don't know if it's because the speakers are more broken in than on my mesa traditional cab, but I liked it better.

I think the mesa cabs have more bass, which is cool for some tones, but I like the Marshall cabs better, more cut less bass. This is not a knock on the Mesa cabs, they are built as good or better then any cab out there, just different tone, IMHO. What speakers do you run in your Marshall 4x12? stk would be gt-75's? I use a marshall 1936 cab, (2x12) i can't lift a 4x12 anymore and my gigs are way to small to fit it on stage,)what stageI mean wall LOL)

jamme61 said:
I think the mesa cabs have more bass, which is cool for some tones, but I like the Marshall cabs better, more cut less bass. This is not a knock on the Mesa cabs, they are built as good or better then any cab out there, just different tone, IMHO. What speakers do you run in your Marshall 4x12? stk would be gt-75's? I use a marshall 1936 cab, (2x12) i can't lift a 4x12 anymore and my gigs are way to small to fit it on stage,)what stageI mean wall LOL)
Its a 1960AV so it has Vintage 30's

[/quote]Its a 1960AV so it has Vintage 30's[/quote]

Great! way better IMHO then the gt75's, i loveG12H celestion too.

Back