Has your EV speaker ever fried your credit card or TV???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I placed my 1x12 3/4 back w/C-90 3 feet away from an old TV (it was new then) and it distorted the picture.

I am always worried about my credit or debit cards. I use rare-earth magnets on all of our alarm systems and sometimes forget to put the debit card in the truck before hand.

I'm always needing a replacement card.

Have you guys ever messed something up with an EV or C-90?????

Yeah, the reason I'm wondering is that I have a computer in my music room now and don't want to erase the hard drive.

Or, if you're heading for the gig and put your EV too close to your pocket.

Ask Psychodave .

He has the gaussean (sp?) equivalent of a supercollider in his music room . I cant imagine the magnetic fields being much stronger than that .
I did notice in his posted photo's that the computer is in the opposite corner .

:lol:

it made me sterile

:lol: :lol: :lol: That might come in handy.

Mesa, the poor man's vasectomy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It basically turned my Phillips TV all purple. Luckily, it went away when the speaker was moved. I also have a degausing tool, but didn't have to use it.

Maybe you don't know this, but the EV has a huge *** magnet on it, making it big and heavy. Magnets do this to TV's, so I assume that if you get your credit card too close to the magnet, you can say goodbye to it.

I find that it's very hard to get the EV out my back pocket once I get it in.
"Does this EV make my butt look big?"

I've used cabs with old EV SRO's for years and never had a problem. I don't recall having any of my cabs right next to my computer but I've sat on em with my wallet in my pocket and never cooked the card.

I think Mythbusters did a bit on this and it takes a lot more magnetism than you think to erase the data on your magnetic stripe.

Scott

Back when we did our service calls by brontosaur , I would degauss a monitor with a soldergun .

Hit the trigger and wave it from center to edge .

We were happy then . :wink:

I think Mythbusters did a bit on this and it takes a lot more magnetism than you think to erase the data on your magnetic stripe.

It's pretty easy with Rare Earth magnets. I thought it was just me. I have a level that I use to run conduit with and it has 3 of them. I also use them for every alarm sensor that does not have enough room for a ceramic magnet.

I went to the bank last week to get another debit card and the lady said her name tag erased hers. Sure enough, it had a rare earth magnet too.

I never thought about the soldering gun. I do have an old degaussing tool under my stairs. I don't think I've ever needed to use it though. Now all of our TV's are LCD, we live too high up to have plasmas unfortunately. So, the degauss ring will most likely go in the pile of museum tools.

How long did it take to get to your service calls on a brontosaurus. :lol: I wish my truck ran on grass and leaves. :lol:

Buddy said:
Ask Psychodave .

He has the gaussean (sp?) equivalent of a supercollider in his music room . I cant imagine the magnetic fields being much stronger than that .
I did notice in his posted photo's that the computer is in the opposite corner .

:lol:

I have never had a problem with a credit card. I even have my computer right next to a 4x12 loaded with MS-12's. Not one problem.

Latest posts

Back