Has JP changed his RK EQ settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivsaken

Reaction score
I have recently switched to the dsonic and its a totally different sound. I have been using JPs clinic setting from before but now that he has chanegd pickups has anyone seen new EQ settings?

depends how new your talking,for the past little while(new album basically)he has been using his MKIIC+ and Lonstars and MKIV's,I know he is using them for the new record out in the summer but I dont know for how long he has been using them again,it doesnt sound like he is using any MK's on the score dvd,so I really dont know.
check out his web page and go to his amp/effects section

this probably wasnt any help

Euan

Score was a Mk IIC+ preamp with a 2:90 and I believe a Formual preamp as well.

cool.where did you find that out,I thought he was probably using the lonestar and RK as well as his triaxis setup,I didnt think he still used the racks of preamps?????
cool anyways

Euan

mesanomad100 said:
cool.where did you find that out,I thought he was probably using the lonestar and RK as well as his triaxis setup,I didnt think he still used the racks of preamps?????
cool anyways

Euan

There were pics of the rig from the show over on johnpetrucci.com.

ahhh,are they still there........I wouldnt mind seeing them.
cheers,I love seeing jp's gear,he changes it all the time its hard to keep up with each individual change

Euan

mesanomad100 said:
ahhh,are they still there........I wouldnt mind seeing them.
cheers,I love seeing jp's gear,he changes it all the time its hard to keep up with each individual change

Euan

I'm sure you could find them if you searched.

I think that in the score dvd he is still using the RK heads in stereo
I believe we can see it in the documentary on the dvd2

reureu,thats what I thought,I cant find a pic of his gear from that dvd,Im sure he would have still been using his 3RK's(for wet and dry)as well as his lonestars,If you see the amount of cabs he is running I would have thought I t would have had to be 3RK's and Im sure he uses 2lonestars,thats a great deal, of power!!!!!
If you notice he is running 3 2x12"'s and 3 4x12"(it could be four actually I cant remember)

anyways has anybody noticed Jordan Ruddess's analogue synth controler,its f**kin huge,way bigger than any of JP's gear,how on earth did they transport that thing?????

Euan

Score was the Skrydstrup rig:
jp_i3.jpg

4nkam said:
Score was the Skrydstrup rig:
jp_i3.jpg

Exactly. Nunya ---> 2:100. He has four 4x12s, and four 2x12s on top, but he's only using 2 of the 4x12s. The amount of cabs he has is nothing to do with the power of his amps, it's to do with the Octavarium art he has on them I should imagine.

reuveu said:
I think that in the score dvd he is still using the RK heads in stereo
I believe we can see it in the documentary on the dvd2

No. No RK heads on Score.

To get back to the original question. His RK settings probably changed a bit hen he started using the D-Sonic. He did use the RK´s for the first part of the Octavarium tour.

But, I don´t believe the clinic settings are exactly the settings he uses with DT. If I remember correctly he used ch4 Modern mode for rhythms on the TOT tour. I´ve seen some pics of his TOT settings, and for rhythms he used less bass and more presence than in the clinic settings.

And also, I don´t want to sound like a jerk, but why are you using his settings? Why not try finding your own tones. I love his tone too, and I´ve tried those clinic settings on my Dual recto (I know, not the same amp. But similar) and they sounded way to muddy for me, not enough presence.

Just trying to use his settings as a starting point. Yeah its a little muddy and I have had the pres all the way off. Now that I have the dsonic in there I think Im going to try turning it up a little. I am still kinda new to the gear and just wanted a good starting point form a tone I love.

Well here is an example of what I have. THere is another guitar player besides me and he is using a Line 6 spider head (I am sure you guys will be able to tell the two apart).

www.myspace.com/severancemusicct

Bullen said:
And also, I don´t want to sound like a jerk, but why are you using his settings? Why not try finding your own tones. I love his tone too, and I´ve tried those clinic settings on my Dual recto (I know, not the same amp. But similar) and they sounded way to muddy for me, not enough presence.
+1, Thanks! I did'nt want to be the 1st "jerk" to state it! :lol:

Back