Has anyone tried one of these?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musical123

Reaction score
I am getting close to buying a SOB and am thinking about getting some type load for it. Has anyone tried this one from Weber? Or can you recommend an affordable one?

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/lpld.htm

Thanks

The webers are probably the most affordable power attenuators you can get.

Is it totally necessary? Most of the drive comes from the preamp section and if you attenuate the power section it is not the same as running the amp full out because you are missing a very important part.......the speaker being driven and pushed hard.

Sometimes Mark III's go for pretty cheap ($500-$700) and would be much more versatile than the SOB. The simul class marks can run in class A and put out about 15 watts.

Greg

If you're going to go Weber pony up the cash and get a MASS. It's a much better product than the load dumps. Ted Weber will tell you the same thing. I had a Mass 150 for use with my Carvin Legacy which is non-master volume and it worked great. I don't know what an SOB would sound like with one but I decided I really didn't need it for my Mark IV and sold it.

I agree with D-Rob....had a few attenuators...with the master volume , and the fact that I can crank em, I ended up selling my webers and hotplates....to me(and I ain't right...), seems like the master did the same job as the att....so it was overkill for the tone I was looking for-

Latest posts

Back