Has anyone here used/is using an AxeTrak?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Micah said:
Random Hero said:
So, I ended up ordering one. Gainfreak from HC loves his. There are 2 versions. The first one is apparently modelled on a v30 (mid spike), and version 2 is much flatter, with more bass. I went for version 1 due to the inherent scooped nature of a Recto, and the amount of bass it has.

About not being able to use a 100w to it's fullest through it due to the 75 speaker - I dunno about you guys, but I prefer my Recto between 4 and 6 on the master, rather than cranked up full :shock:

I hear you on the last comment about the wattage but wattage really has nothing to do with volume, but the amount of force that you apply to the speaker cone. Whether your playing low or high you still have risk of blowing the speaker because your putting more force on it than it was made to handle. You might be able to get away with this for a little while depending on how well the speaker is made but ultimatly you are placing more wear and tear on the speaker than its made to handle. Its like allowing the Hulk to punch you or allowing someone your own size to punch you, you might live on the person your own size but the hulk will most likely cause severe damage to you. :wink: The same rings true with speakers. They are just cones that are attached to a magnet that has another magnet around it. When you change the charge of the magnet from + to - or from - to + it causes the magnet attached to the speaker cone to move the cone which moves air and creates a "frequent breeze" called sound waves that your ear interpret as sound. The cone gets its flexibility to move the cone from a rubber piece that attaches the cone to the metal "basket" that the speaker assembly mounts to. If too much force is placed on the cone the rubber or cone could rip or tear and give you what is known as a "blown" speaker.

Also, the Vintage 30 has more of a "V" contour in the eq than a mid-spike. The top end isnt quite as harsh as a true "V" eq but it is larger on the bottom end with "taylored" (as they describe it) mids. Its what I would say to be a smooth speaker especially when paired with an amp voicing that does the same thing eq-wise like the recto. Either way, you'll like the V30 one I think--Great speaker! :wink:

Sorry, my bad.

Latest posts

Back