Has anyone converted a MarkIII combo to a head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
If so, where did you get the headshell from? I imagine Boogie has the supplies headshell but they are not picking their phones up today. And was it a simple swap or were there any complications?

I see plenty of combos but not too many heads for sale and someone near me has a red stripe combo at a good price. I was thinking of turning it into a head.

I converted my Mark IIb combo to a head and left the combo cab in the anvil in storage. I got my cabinet on ebay far $100.00. It had the cutout for the verb and everything. I did have to change the placement of the holes to hold the chassis in but that was easy. The reverb took a little work to install also, but no big deal. Took about 1/2 hour to get it done.
Now I don't have to lug my combo cabinet around, I just bring my Boogie Head and Earcandy Cab.
It really lightened the load. The closed Earcandy Cab really tightens the sound up, compared to the open back. Actually there is no comparison, it kicks the sound of the combo's ***!!!!!

My MkIII came with a rackmount kit so that you can yank the head section and drop it into a rack instead. That would basically make it a head, just not a full conversion with new framing and tolex, etc, etc.

So, that's one way to do it, I'm sure they're available.

I did it with a MkIV. Cost me about $275 the head cabinet (Black on Black) with fan and reverb tank. You need to be aware that if your combo has the sus-4 system you must inform it to mesa when ordering so that they can route the cab accordingly.

Good Luck!

Hi Danyeo1. Sorry, this is unrelated. Of all the Mark IIC+ clips you have on your website, the bestest most absolutely beautifulest clip is the Mark IV one, where you played "Mother". Congrats.

trem said:
Hi Danyeo1. Sorry, this is unrelated. Of all the Mark IIC+ clips you have on your website, the bestest most absolutely beautifulest clip is the Mark IV one, where you played "Mother". Congrats.

FWIW the IV clip is all doubled, and i just sold my IIC+ for $3000. I love it but i couldn't pass up that much. I have a IV I'm getting and maybe a MarkIII red stripe.

Back