Hardwood costs????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
Im going to get a dual rec w/ matching 4x12 cabinet..

How much would it cost to outfit the head in Bubinga???
How about the cabinet in bubinga??

If not, i would only get the head in hardwood and the cab in a vynil, but what vinyl and grille would match a Bubinga head w/ a chrome plate?

Thanks!

PS--ordering tomorrow!

If you were to get Bubinga on only one, I would suggest the cab, just because of the sound benefit of it. A pretty head only looks nice. A matching set would look tits though.
It'll be a long wait. A guy I know ordered a Lonestar Special in Imbuya 8 months ago and they pushed back the completion date by a month already.

OneMoreAugust said:
If you were to get Bubinga on only one, I would suggest the cab, just because of the sound benefit of it. A pretty head only looks nice. A matching set would look tits though.
It'll be a long wait. A guy I know ordered a Lonestar Special in Imbuya 8 months ago and they pushed back the completion date by a month already.

Why go through the hassle of customizing if its going to take a long time?
The amps look nice as is when bought.

pau_leader Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:52 am Post subject:

I guess somethings are worth waiting for. The exotic woods do make the cabs sound different though. But I would be afraid to take it out of the house.

You could always go the aftermarket route for the cabinets.

Here is something I recently had made:
2x12_frontsmall.jpg

2x12_backsmall.jpg

I got mine from Sultone Cabinets. It took too long to get though. I heard other people have had better luck with Bob Burt cabinets... YMMV.

Both of these guys are custom makers with excellent prices.

www.sultone.com
www.bobburtcabinets.com

Chris... 8)

Sweeeet cabs, Chris. Congratulations! My brother just had those guys do a head and 2x12 cab for his handwired Marshall a few months back. Those guys really do fantastic work!

OneMoreAugust said:
pau_leader Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:52 am Post subject:

I guess somethings are worth waiting for. The exotic woods do make the cabs sound different though. But I would be afraid to take it out of the house.

Thats true! It could get wet, scratched,stolen or other bad things. I guess its a risk you have to take regardless. But That is one BEAUTIFUL cab.

Let me see here guys.

I've got my Mesa price list Dated: Feb 2005 right here.

Premier exotic -AkA- Imbuya/ Bubinga........$439.00

Premier Maple hardwood............................$579.00

Private reserve Hardwood -Maple-...............$829.00 and up

4 X 12 Cabs.. Call on that one..Leather is.....$799.00

A side note: Wicker grille covering now costs $50.00 extra

Latest posts

Back