Handle For A Maverick?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
Got a tan Maverick with a handle that's a bit worn, still works, but I wouldn't mind putting a new one on. Can't find anything quite like it on the Mesa site.

It's exactly like this one.... (not mine, just a reference for the photo of the handle)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Maverick-1x12-Combo-35-Watts-Class-A-Guitar-Amp-/321677882448?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae57ef450

Can't seem to find one exactly like it anywhere. Any suggestions?

Here's a photo of my handle.....

maverickhandle13.jpg

... uh, did state you want the strap handle for 1-12" combo?

If you didn't, they maybe sending you the Vox style dog bone" heavy duty strap.

RR said:

I did specify in the original contact email using their web site contact form, and on the phone when I ordered it.....I specifically said "Maverick one twelve combo."

They sent the larger tan stitched handle, the bracket holes are not even close to lining up. The receipt they put in the box says "Maverick 212 Combo."

I guess I shoulda sent them the photo.......since everybody on several forums knows the two amps do not use the same handle, you'd think the folks at Mesa would know that as well.

soundchaser59 said:
RR said:

I did specify in the original contact email using their web site contact form, and on the phone when I ordered it.....I specifically said "Maverick one twelve combo."

They sent the larger tan stitched handle, the bracket holes are not even close to lining up. The receipt they put in the box says "Maverick 212 Combo."

I guess I shoulda sent them the photo.......since everybody on several forums knows the two amps do not use the same handle, you'd think the folks at Mesa would know that as well.

Actually both handles were used on the 1x12 combo - as well as the Head, 2x12, and 4x10. We try our best, but sometimes mistakes are made! Your replacement handle is on its way...thanks!

Didn't know that. The serial # on my amp is 00024, so it must be the first handle type, then it was changed......after people realized how heavy this booger has to be to make this sweet tone!

Thanks for your help! :lol: 8)
G

Authorized Boogie said:
soundchaser59 said:
RR said:

Actually both handles were used on the 1x12 combo - as well as the Head, 2x12, and 4x10. We try our best, but sometimes mistakes are made! Your replacement handle is on its way...thanks!

He shoots, he scores! That's exceptional customer service right there!!

That really is the best service a guy could hope for. Got my new - correct - handle, all is well.

THANK YOU Mesa Boogie! :wink: 8)

Now if I could just get someone to tell me the secret formula for installing adjustable bias I'd have it made in the shade! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back