H & K

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
My lead singer/guitarist in my band just bought a Hughes and Kettner TriAmp Mk II yesterday. I got to play it last night, and let me tall you that thing is SICK!!! I mean, I love my Triple Recto, and this is a little different flavor, but I might just have to get me one of these as well some day. The sickening thing, though, is that he got it for less than I payed for my Triple......$2000 brand new!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

As the name implies, this thing has 3 different amps in one. The first "amp" has 2 cleans, sharing eq, but with different gains. The second and third are dirty "amps" each has 1 bass, mid, treble and 2 gains. All 6 settings are footswitchable, and the footswitch has these six channels and the fx loop on/off. This amp has 9 PREAMP TUBES!!!! and 4 EL 34 power tubes, TONS of headroom, and not to mention is MIDI capable! (cost is extra) Also, it has the cool plexi-glass front with the blue lights haha. It should go great in our mix, and will be nice to have in the studio for next time.

Just thought I'd share. May be able to elaborate more today, because the only time i got to play it was last night around midnight, so it wasn't very loud at all (but it stil sounded amazing!)

Don't worry, I ain't selling my Mesa or anything, this thing is cool, but I still got more balls hahahah
-AJH

h&k always seem to get good reviews, has any body any idea what the new h&k switchblade amp sounds like in comparison to the triamp,or are they totally different sounding amps, it just seems handy that the switchblade has the effects built in and you can recall them through patches...

Yeah, the Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk II is a **** nice amp. A guitarist in a local band uses one and it is great.

Ciao ...

I have heard nothing but good things about H&K. I would be interested in giving one a run if we had any good music shops around me.lol

MesaENGR412 said:
My lead singer/guitarist in my band just bought a Hughes and Kettner TriAmp Mk II yesterday. I got to play it last night, and let me tall you that thing is SICK!!! I mean, I love my Triple Recto, and this is a little different flavor, but I might just have to get me one of these as well some day. The sickening thing, though, is that he got it for less than I payed for my Triple......$2000 brand new!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
-AJH

Wow! What is the secret to getting a deal like that? Can such a price be negotiated with the dealers?

Well, yeah... Ok, so they're expensive too...

Do like most of us do to get our Boogies and one buy used.

Latest posts

Back