Guess which amps John Petrucci is using in this video??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe he's using 3 RK II, and 2 Lonestars. That looks like it's from the Train of Thought tour. Subliminal tone!

Road king.
I really don't like it.It sounds good because he's alone there but with the band,lead sounds are weak,empty.
Good for chunk rhythm but for leads mark series is the best :wink:

I think his lead tone from Budokan is awesome! But, that's just my opinion. I love the modern amps.

How is he able to turn on and off the EVH Phase pedal and others sitting in the rack? Can he do it from the floor somehow?

^The beauty of a MIDI setup my friend. Relays that can switch the seperate pedals in and out of his signal path using dedicated loops and switching.

ibanezgtr said:
How is he able to turn on and off the EVH Phase pedal and others sitting in the rack? Can he do it from the floor somehow?

No he goes to his rack in the middle of the show while he's still playing,pull hiss rack pedals drawer out with his theet and press pedals with his tongue :shock:

WOW Petrucci rocks :lol: :lol:

Can you suggest a piece of equipment to use that could do that, and how to hook it up? Anyone besides 18&life please!!

ibanezgtr said:
Can you suggest a piece of equipment to use that could do that, and how to hook it up? Anyone besides 18&life please!!

Buy a midi controlled switcher such as the Voodoo Lab GCX or Axxess Electronics or Radial and then put some pedals in the loop. You can send a midi message from your floor controller to the switcher to tell it to send your signal through the loop.

BTW...I think Petrucci's tone sounded great during the RKII years.

18&Life said:
ibanezgtr said:

No he goes to his rack in the middle of the show while he's still playing,pull hiss rack pedals drawer out with his theet and press pedals with his tongue :shock:

Do you EVER have anything meaningful to contribute?

18&Life said:

i actually found this post humorous for once.. i guess maybe because it was just a sarcastic aside comment, and not an unnecessarily harsh-sounding direct criticism of another board member

*buzzer* WRONG!

The vast majority of rhythms and leads were the MARK IV. Rest were IIC+. Cleans were the Lonestar. Road Kings (and other rectos) didn't even make an appearance on this album.

Read some recent interviews with JP. He said that he got bored of the IIC+ around Six Degrees and wanted to try out something new for the next album. Halfway through the tour following Octavarium, though, he went back to Marks through his Nunya preamp. Since then, he's seen the Mark IV in a new light and used it almost exclusively on the new album.

When we got to talk to him at G3 in Toronto, someone asked why he went back to the Mark IV and JP said partially it was because of the channel popping! :oops: Of course, the tonal difference was the major factor, but he did state he was annoyed with the channel switching noise.

visualrocker69 said:
Sure, but

73h Nils said:
Petrucci's Road King tone is still my favourite by him. 8)

I wouldn't say so. He's said in interviews many times that he likes Marks a LOT more than Rectos.

he's talking about his personal favorite, not JP's favorite... but if you want to argue with him about what he prefers, by all means...

Latest posts

Back