guess what amp and win a beer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aramism

Reaction score
my hype is more in my new mac book pro. i just dumped my crap pc setup in my studio and made the switch to mac. while i patiently wait for logic pro to ship from apple i opened up garage band for the first time. boy they weren't kidding when they said it is the most powerful free audio program in the world. (free considering it coems with every apple)

the fact that i spent only 5 minutes to set everything up in a totally new audio workstation program, operating system, and computer enviroment and produced above average results really makes me a heavy apple fanboy.

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Aramism/MySong.mp3

pertaining to this forum, the amp i used was a mesa.

first person who gets it right wins a beer.

i'm not sure but parts of it sound like a lonestar.....i dont drink but I will take a diet pepsi please! 8)

I love my Apple I got back in January....you got to teach how to do stuff like this on garageband! what and where do you plug everything?

nope and nope.

i mean i only used it for 2 hours btu yea i'll help you out. to me it's the simplest program you can't do a lot things you really need and obiously since its free program you don't have MANY standard tools you need also but it's enough to just compose stuff.

Sounds like a DC to me. I am going to guess either a DC or a mark III.

Yuengling please....

Doesn't even sound like a real tube amp to me... but since you are offering up beer and you say it's a Mesa I'll take a wild guess.

Express?

bing bing.

rectoverb combo.

art you're in the netherlands i'm gonna figure out a way to get you a beer.

When I first liestened to the clip I was going to say some sort of Rec. The tone is evident. I just couldn't decide which to guess.

just to give you an insider view it may sound solid state because my road king is currently down now and i am using the rectoverb into a mesa 4x12 to record a complimentary track for a song i am currently tracking for my band.

i am blending a mark iv and recto tone on the track. the reason it soudns kinda crappy is because of the way i recorded it. in other words by itself it sounds like crap but remped to pair itself with a track of the mark iv really fills in for how i set up the mark iv tonally.

the end tone i feel is pretty good for the feel of the song. once i get logic pro (coming tommorow) i'm going to mix/master either the existing tracks i have now or retrack everthign over. drums and bass are done, just waiting to get a superior daw and do my stuff not on my slow pc but on a my mac.

oh by the way i had it set on the moden mode with very UNORTHODOX settings. the gain was at like 35% and i had a boss ds1 with minial distortion set in front of the amp. the rhytym parts of the song have basically TWO main elements, a dissonant riff and chords playing over it. i used two tracks (L and R) of one with a sm57 and two trakcs (L and R) or another with a e609. thats why i guess it soudns dull. i'd never tried that criss-cross but hey i was just experiementing. i was more impressed with how such a simple program like garage band churned out above average results.

Aramism said:
art you're in the netherlands i'm gonna figure out a way to get you a beer.

The idea of a free beer is pleasing enough :wink:

grolsch.jpg

Latest posts

Back