Greetings!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernman

Reaction score
I didn't realize we had a "Boogie Board" out there. Anyway, I have an F 30 that I have had some difficulties with. There is this obnoxious static rumble when I strike or sustain a note. I have tried several guitars, cables, cabs, etc... and it's still there. I took it in for warranty and had the speaker replaced, all tubes replaced and seems like it was gone for a while, but then reared its ugly head again. I currently have it in with another tech to try and diagnose what is actually causing this. Has anyone encountered this?

~ Welcome to the Board ~

hmmmmm :roll: (headscratching).....

I would have thought the same, speaker rub or most commonly a bad tube. Very strange that it keeps resurfacing. Patiently wait to see what the tech finds. Good Luck.

I would have guessed tubes or speakers, too, but you've seemed to eliminate that possibility, unless you had the bad luck to get another bad tube when you changed them. The speaker backwave in a combo beats on the tubes pretty hard, and it doesn't take much to introduce rattle, depending on how loud you play. Filter caps that aren't up to spec can do things like that, too. Possibly the OT? When the air is humid, the OT in my F-50 crackles a bit until I hit a few big clean chords to clear the moisture out of the windings. I guess this is getting increasingly theoretical, but I suppose a bad OT could do something like that.

Got it back yesterday and the tech's report said "could not duplicate the problem." Anyway, I played the heck out of it last night and it was fine again. I will just have to wait and see I guess.

It may be a problem with the power cord or you may be getting interference from the outlet you're plugged into. Have you tried a power conditioner?

Well, this has happened at diffierent houses and at the music store before I took it in the first time to the warranty tech. I have also tried different outlets in my house. But, it's gone again. Let me ask this, will ceiling fans cause this, maybe? That thought just crossed my mind. I will try it with and without the ceiling fans. If that is the problem, will this power conditioner help?

Latest posts

Back