Great CHEAP AS HELL boost for the Electra Dyne

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
I had a 25$ gift card for Guitar Center burning a whole in my pocket so I had to run out there today and spend it on something I definately did not need.

Apparently MXR has a GC only overdrive Pedal that sells for 30$. At that price I figured it had to be crap, but with the return policy I tried it anyway.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-CL1-Classic-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-105811939-i1524102.gc?source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=589357254

It says 39$ in the add, but it was only 30.

I have to tell you, so far this little beast sounds great with the ED. I am really having fun with it.

I have also read there is a switch in the pedal that will totally change the characteristic of it. Haven't tried it yet since I am pleased with it so far.

But for 30$, it is tough to beat.

It's not a bad pedal. I bought one when they first came out a while back. There's a hidden switch inside (accessible with a bent paper clip after removing the back cover) that switches the pedal between the GT-OD and Zach Wild ZW44 (they all use the same PCB).

Don said:
It's not a bad pedal. I bought one when they first came out a while back. There's a hidden switch inside (accessible with a bent paper clip after removing the back cover) that switches the pedal between the GT-OD and Zach Wild ZW44 (they all use the same PCB).

I had read about it. I planned on trying it but have been pleased enough with the tone that I have not felt like going through all the trouble of taking it all the way apart.

But if you are saying it is accessible with a paper clip, I may give that a try.

So I tried the switch.

I actually like it better in the original position.

In it's default setting it reminds me of my OCD that I had. Simply adds gain with very little coloration (no, this pedal is not as good as an OCD, but it's 30$ as opposed to 150$)

With the switch in the other position, it tightens up a little bit, gets a little brighter, loses a little bottom end and gets throaty. Sounds good, but I think the default position leaves you with much more of the pure ED tone.

I am thinking about adding an external switch.

I have changed my mind over the switch position several times since buying this pedal! I've considered adding a switch as well.

Latest posts

Back