Got a Road Case for My Lone Star (pic)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Star State

Reaction score
I bought it from Angstrom Cases' Ebay Store.
$249 + shipping.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

[Napolean Dynamite] Lucky [/Napolean Dynamite]

Looks great! Mine has been travelling in a Gator case with wheels.

Question, do you find it harder to load it in and out of vehicles in a case? I do.

Yes, I guess you have to add on about an inch or so all around, not to mention six-or-so inches underneath due to the casters. That actually adds up to quite a few square inches, if not a couple feet. Since I have a van now, it's not so critical to be ultra conservative with space. I'd rather protect my investment.

Same with the Gator case only a few inches over and across and about 6 up.

But with the handles on the sides it is very difficult for me to properly load it without hurting something. The center handle is perfect for lifting but side handles not so much.

Yep, I have a Road King combo, that I got used, and came with a real nice case.. But I never got to use the case since it didn't fit in my car! I ended up having to sell it on ebay pretty cheap. I now just have a cover for it and wish there was something more I could do to protect it :cry: Oh well, I guess I just have to be extra careful with it.

BTW, nice case and even nicer amp :wink:

Man, I'm jealous. I want a flight case for my RK combo, but don't think I've got the space for it. I usually move my rig in my company car (a Ford Crown Vic). My personal car is a 2 seater BMW convertable...no chance of moving anything in that. My mother-in-law has a small SUV that would be perfect...but I can't always count on borrowing that.

I think like Tele-Jas...I'm doomed to use just the cover for now... :cry:

Oh, well...I still have a Road King...that's comfort enough for me.

Nice case, dooood...nice LS, too.

RB

My F-50 doesn't leave the house anymore unless it's in its roadcase (I used covers previously).

Rig.JPG

It's certainly much more effort to get it to fit in a normal car - indeed I sometimes have to turn it upside down because it won't fit on it's side in some cars and leave sufficient space for storing the rack. It's heavy too, I sometimes do the trek down the stairs from my studio in two trips, amp, then case. The obvious plus side is the protection, and that I have no qualms having it packed on a tour bus alongside the drummer's hardware etc.

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S. I bought my road case as a shop soiled new unit, direct from the manufacturers, so I paid about half the normal price here in the UK. :cool:

I had picked up an Angstrom case, as well, although it's not the same style as Lone Star States or Dann'sTheMan's. I got the one with the extra storage for extra tubes or cables. No wheels. Yeah, it's bigger, but I have a pickup, so the extra size isn't a problem. I picked it up in the 3/8" ply, so it's pretty solid. The extra width allows me to put other stuff on, so it's in reach and off the floor. I figure that I can always get a two wheeled cart, if I need to tackle a set of stairs.

Nice cases. They also double nicely as an amp stand and help get your rig off the floor if your not using a 4x12.

Latest posts

Back