Got a new cab, Port City 212...WOW! (VID!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the response Steve. Sounds like I'll give the Rex speakers a try with the V (I had a 4x12 Boogie cabinet with V30's and it was definitely harsh playing through my JSX). You don't think there would be a problem playing the V through these 2 Rex speakers, seeing how it would only be a 100 watt cabinet? Just want to make sure there would be no chance of them blowing or anything with the volume half way up on 90 watt mode...

FWIW I've got a couple of mint Port City OS 212's I'm planning on selling unloaded if anyone is interested. PM me if you're interested. They're black and the older style front. Great cabs BTW. Probably my favorite for most amps.

ESlinker said:
Thanks for the response Steve. Sounds like I'll give the Rex speakers a try with the V (I had a 4x12 Boogie cabinet with V30's and it was definitely harsh playing through my JSX). You don't think there would be a problem playing the V through these 2 Rex speakers, seeing how it would only be a 100 watt cabinet? Just want to make sure there would be no chance of them blowing or anything with the volume half way up on 90 watt mode...

i think it would be fine dude.. i've played 120 watt heads through a single speaker before and i've never blown or damaged a speaker.. i've never actually witnessed any quality speaker get blown

Hey Shogun,

nice sound and playing!!!! do you have the regular 2x12 or the 2x12 OS wave (i think the difference is in size)?

i have interest in the 2x12 OS wave unloaded, here in canada there is one dealer (in montreal). i am in ontario, canada. as right now they do not have the cab unloaded. i'll star looking to buy from across the border..... where did you buy yours?

thanks for any help :wink:

hey man, i have the regular 212. the OS is bigger, and probably has a slightly different sound too! would be worth checkin out, for sure 8)

Awesome Vidz. Thank you for sharing! Really great playing too!

so the only things you were using was the suhr, a nova dealy and the MV with the PC 212?

Freakin sweet. What pickups come in that suhr? They sound great, Im wondering if you can just order a pickup config from suhr... :)

NR2112 said:

so the only things you were using was the suhr, a nova dealy and the MV with the PC 212?

Freakin sweet. What pickups come in that suhr? They sound great, Im wondering if you can just order a pickup config from suhr... :)

yessir, just the stuff you mentioned above..

SSH+ , and 2 v60lp's are in the suhr that i use in that vid..

i actually have 3 v60lp's for sale for cheap, in case you want them.. you can indeed order just the pickups from a suhr dealer!

shogun said:
NR2112 said:

yessir, just the stuff you mentioned above..

SSH+ , and 2 v60lp's are in the suhr that i use in that vid..

i actually have 3 v60lp's for sale for cheap, in case you want them.. you can indeed order just the pickups from a suhr dealer!

Well after hearing that sweet tone, I may think about em. PM me and let me know how much :)

after all this pc discussion, i've gotten gas. i think i only ever gas for cabs and effects. the marks are total keepers.

anyway, shogun, did you get a chance to test or do you have any experience at all with either pc 1x12 cabs? unfortunately i can't unless one randomly shows up around here. there are currently no northern california dealers.

i'm wondering if i should get one for bedroom volume practice (still going to put an evm12l in it though :twisted:). i know that i love my bogner 2x12 shivas (3/4 closed), but i'm wondering how these pc 2x12 work and whether they are worth it to switch over.

here's what i'm thinking:
1x12 os with evm
2 2x12 regular with the speakers i have now in my bogners (weber speakers). these are like the stilettos if the os are the rectos, am i right?

i don't run w/d/w, but maybe one day i will have it up and at the very least, i'll already have a head start with the requisite cabs.

i like the look of their construction too. seems like it wouldn't have any issues hitting the bottom of the reverb pan like others.

mejoshee said:
after all this pc discussion, i've gotten gas. i think i only ever gas for cabs and effects. the marks are total keepers.

anyway, shogun, did you get a chance to test or do you have any experience at all with either pc 1x12 cabs? unfortunately i can't unless one randomly shows up around here. there are currently no northern california dealers.

i'm wondering if i should get one for bedroom volume practice (still going to put an evm12l in it though :twisted:). i know that i love my bogner 2x12 shivas (3/4 closed), but i'm wondering how these pc 2x12 work and whether they are worth it to switch over.

1x12 os with evm
2 2x12 regular with the speakers i have now in my bogners (weber speakers). these are like the stilettos if the os are the rectos, am i right?

i don't run w/d/w, but maybe one day i will have it up and at the very least, i'll already have a head start with the requisite cabs.

i like the look of their construction too. seems like it wouldn't have any issues hitting the bottom of the reverb pan like others.

Hey bro.. I'd go for an unloaded OS 112. I haven't been able to try them, but I hear they sound huge.. I remember reading a review where the buyer was tricked into believing he was hooked up to the 212 beside it.. I'd definitely like to get my hands on one! You won't regret it

Glad to hear about this! New gear that ends up being good, is always a nice feeling. Especially something as important as a cab.

Looking forward to some pics or vids!

shogun said:
mejoshee said:

1x12 os with evm

Hey bro.. I'd go for an unloaded OS 112. I haven't been able to try them, but I hear they sound huge.. I remember reading a review where the buyer was tricked into believing he was hooked up to the 212 beside it.. I'd definitely like to get my hands on one! You won't regret it

daniel got back to me right away and said that the evm's sound huge in the 1x12 and for an already huge sounding little cab, i will be very very interested to get one soon! i'll let you guys know how that works out.

shogun said:
awesome! post a vid once you get it!

i only have my crappy laptop cam for skype calls. i'll see what i can do.

anyway, great news: i've got a 1x12 os custom ordered and supposedly will be shipped out on friday (for free)! i'm goin to load it up with the evm12l and go crazy! i'm really looking forward to being able to put the mark v head on the top of this cab without the reverb pan being an issue.

ps anyone wanna buy a bogner 1x12 cube cab? i can include a very good cond. vintage 30 (16ohm) or a g12t-100 (4ohm). let me know! check here:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45176&start=0

mejoshee said:
shogun said:

anyway, great news: i've got a 1x12 os custom ordered and supposedly will be shipped out on friday (for free)! i'm goin to load it up with the evm12l and go crazy! i'm really looking forward to being able to put the mark v head on the top of this cab without the reverb pan being an issue.

I'm VERY interested in doing the same.
Post a couple pics when ya get it...ok ?

Birdy said:
mejoshee said:
shogun said:

I'm VERY interested in doing the same.
Post a couple pics when ya get it...ok ?

you bet!

btw fattoneguitars.com is where i ordered it from after talking w/ daniel @ pc. i ordered it with the small-weave cane and it and they charged me $10 less than what it would've been+ free ship as i said earlier. total is $490. yes!

Talk to Dan about speaker choice, and he will set you up with what you're lookin' for! just go to the contact section and he will respond at ludicrous-speed !!

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a used Royal Atlantic head this coming summer to add to my collection and want to grab another speaker cab as well. Right now I have a Stone Age 212, Bogner 212 and a Splawn 412 cabinet. I was looking at the vertical rectifier cabinet and also a Port City 212OS for the Royal. I like to go with cabs that are proven.

My speakers of choice tend to be Celestion V30s, G12K-100s, G12-65s, Creambacks, Lynchbacks, WGS Retro 30s and ET65s.

Maybe my move should be to just keep and use the cabs I have. One has V30s, one has G12K100s and the third cab has Creambacks and Lynchbacks,

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks!

One of my next two cabs will be a Mesa Boogie Rectifier vertical 212 or Port City 212OS. Any thoughts on comparing the Mesa vert 212 to the PC 212?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back