Got a Mark V head!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....and I'm LOOOVING IT! Fantastic sounds, "compact" size (compared to my Road King II), great aesthetics...all around great amp (IMHO)! My bandmates were freaking on the tone coming out of it...

Had to sell my RK, but it was totally worth it. I've never owned or played through any other Mark series before, but I understand why they're so heralded. I don't know, or care, about how close the amp recreates the tones of the other Mark's, so I have no complaints about any of the channels (thus far)...all I know is it sounds great and I think I'm going to be a Boogie lifer! :lol:

sonancestudios said:
....I don't know, or care, about how close the amp recreates the tones of the other Mark's, so I have no complaints about any of the channels (thus far)...all I know is it sounds great and I think I'm going to be a Boogie lifer! :lol:

+1

Totally agree

Same here! I sold a recto to buy the V, never played any other Mark before.
I could not be happier! I discover new sounds and textures every week!
Welcome to the club my friend!

sonancestudios said:
....and I'm LOOOVING IT! Fantastic sounds, "compact" size (compared to my Road King II), great aesthetics...all around great amp (IMHO)! My bandmates were freaking on the tone coming out of it...

Had to sell my RK, but it was totally worth it. I've never owned or played through any other Mark series before, but I understand why they're so heralded. I don't know, or care, about how close the amp recreates the tones of the other Mark's, so I have no complaints about any of the channels (thus far)...all I know is it sounds great and I think I'm going to be a Boogie lifer! :lol:

+1 on compact -1 on the weight :p but iron is heavy.

+1000 on recreating/replicating tones.

i had the rk series i combo. man, that was huge sounding, but imho the versatility was...mmm...not as broad on clean or mid-gain sounds. i mean, brutal distortion doesn't not (always) a great amp make. :wink:

Completely agreed. I love this amp, couldn't care less if it sounds exactly like a IIc+ or a IV, or even a Mark I. Great sounds, great flexibility. I haven't even given another amp a second look since I got mine about five months back, whereas before I was constantly wanting other amps thinking they would be the answer to my sound woes.

Bob A. said:
Completely agreed. I love this amp, couldn't care less if it sounds exactly like a IIc+ or a IV, or even a Mark I. Great sounds, great flexibility. I haven't even given another amp a second look since I got mine about five months back, whereas before I was constantly wanting other amps thinking they would be the answer to my sound woes.
+100000 :D

I've played it a grand total of twice (only at band practice), but when i do, i stand there with this big ol' s***-eatin' grin! I haven't had the chance to dive into it and really squeeze the tone out of it.

Bob A. said:
Me too ......

Not that I care whether the amp faithfully recreates every nuance of a Mark IIc+ or Mark 1 ... as I too love the array of sounds it can produce, but I found this in Mesa's latest manual which made me smile:

"However, rest assured…you now own a MARK II-C+ down to the last circuit detail and the tone is identical except for the Sylvania 415 power tubes, which are no longer available. During the R&D process we even found ways to mimic the important mid-punch character inherent in those tubes. And far better… you don’t have to compromise your clean or lead sound because they share controls as they do in the original layout! You also get another sound to switch to that also has no shared controls or compromise! So, if you run into II-C+ snobs who brag about their amps or doubt the authenticity of your rendering, smile and feel a pang of pity for the price they probably paid and let them have their glory. After all, they need their pride because they don’t have the other 8 amplifiers you have on board to express themselves with."

That's straight from the horse's mouth ..........

Yeah great points...

Another thing i think I read from the Toneboy section of the manual was that they based the IIC+ sounds off a non-eq IIC+, so whomever does a side by side using the V and an EQ version IIC+ are going to hear an apparent difference.

Whatever the case, this is an excellent amp, and I couldn't be happier with the tones I'm gettin'. Saturday I have a hall show, where I can blast the snot out of it...I'll post back with my impressions of the amp at full volume.

I've done a couple of gigs with mine ... and haven't got anywhere near full volume ... it is one LOUD amp ...

It gets way louder than my dual rec a lot earlier (and that's also one loud amp!) ... I didn't get past 12o'clock on the main volume and it was ear splittingly loud.

The tone does change though (it gets even better!) as you start to push the power amp more....

Good luck with the gig - let us know how you get on

Latest posts

Back