Good Pirces for Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S-O

Reaction score
Ok, I tried the search and didn't feel like wading through 2362 results, so...

What is a fair price for a new or used Mark IV? The dood at my local dealer wants almost 2000 for a wide body combo, but I have seen them as lowas 1000. I want the combo version because it would be easier to take around from jazz gig to metal gig, and if need be, I could run it through a cab. Also it sounds amazing.

But whats a fair price for one?

dont pay more then 1200 for one.
watch ebay , and the most important thing is patience.
make sure the deal feels right if ur going to ship

New prices are set, a new Mark IV combo is $1950 or $2000 (I can't remember right now). used ones go anywhere from $800-$1600, a good price is anything under $1300 right now IMO, they are in high demand. Worth is really in the eye of the buyer (and depends how desperate the seller is).

I bought 2 Mark IVB's this year (a widebody combo in mint condition and a short head in near mint condition) and the price difference between was about $400. I paid $1K for the combo and $1400 for the short head.

I paid more than the short head was worth IMO just because I wanted a shorthead with the newer style tolex, newer style footswitch (with the clear plastic over the LED's), and it had to be shipped to me with the postal service. It turns out it needs a couple of things and the seller refunded $75 to buy $12 worth of parts from boogie so it worked out well.

Now, i have a 112 Thiele coming that has the newer tolex as well which will get an EVM I have laying around.

If I wasn't as picky I could have gotten a Mark IV(most likely A) for $800-$1200 easy but I chose to jump on something that wasn't offered too often with a buy it now price on the bay nor with the exact option set I was looking for.

As previously stated, you should pay as much as you feel one is worth. I don't know if I would have plunked $1400 blindedly on the amp but since I already played the combo I felt confident in buying the head to replace a Triaxis, Quad, and 290 rig.

If you are patient then you will probably be able to get a Mark IV in the $800-$1200 range depending on the options you are looking for.

Greg

I paid $1350 for a mint widebody a couple of months ago and feel I got a great deal. What a great amp. knowing what I know now, I probably would have paid more for the amp I got. It's worth it.

I paid $850 for my first Mark IV (including shipping). It did not have a footswitch, but I ended up trading it even for a short head a week later and it had a footswitch... There are deals to be found, but I did not buy mine on ebay. Too much competition and thus the price sky rockets easily...

I've got a Roadster now though and I'm very happy... (go ahead and flame me!) I'd hate to try to find a Mark IV now that they are so popular...

I got my Mark IVA combo from another member on here a few weeks ago. Paid $1300 shipped. It's what I wanted, short combo with an EV speaker. I could've probably found one for cheaper, but I knew it had only one owner and was really well cared for...the thing is in brand new condition. It really depends on what you want and if the one you're looking at is worth the asking price to you. I didn't want to pay as much as I did, but I knew it was exactly what I wanted and more, knew I wouldn't find a nicer one...so it was worth the little bit extra.

MusicManJP6 said:
You're not missing much with a broken reverb. The Mark has horrible reverb IMO...

Thanks for the reassurance. Seems I've read that before somewhere so I wasn't too worried about it. I was plnning on using one in the loop anyways.
Awesome amp!

I just sold mine for $1000 + PODxt, outright I would have sold it for about $1300 shipped

Between $800 and $1400.. If you have to pay much more than $1300 you should seriously consider buying new since you get a new 5yr warranty. However, that being said I just bought a new one (widebody combo) for $1949 and IF I were to sell it I wouldn't let it go for less that $1550.. Of course it's only two months old and perfect.. PLUS I love it so...

My Mark IVB rackmount was $1225 but it's in good shape and has no problems. It came with the reverb tank, extra tubes, and a footswitch extension cable (which is rad). I absolutely love it and I really love that I don't have to worry about damaging tolex.

i paid $1100 for a mint IVB widebody combo + widebody 1x12 on craigslist.. just gotta watch for deals

Latest posts

Back