Good EQ to pair with Tri/290?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickPitt

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a Mesa Triaxis 2.0 and a 2:90. They are plugged into a Marshall 1960 lead (working on getting a mesa). I am trying to match that liquidy Petrucci-lead tone from the new DT album, Systematic Chaos (namely the theme in the song In The Presence of Enemies). I want to add an EQ unit to my rack setup. Can anyone reccomend something that would help a lot? I will also eventually be getting a mesa cab, or something with V30s.

First of all, if you want to go with the best then get a parametric EQ. It lets you have a whole lot more control of where you want your sound and YOU choose the frequencies to cut or boost, they're not predetermined. I have a Rane PE-15. That model is discontinued. The new PE-17 is the same think with a couple extra knobs. I'm not sure what they are. They go for about $400 new (yes, they're rack mountable) but they are well worth it. Look into it and good luck!

You could probably find a good digital EQ that has different presets or go with a good multi effects unit that has a good EQ section.

Greg

Back