Good deal on a Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get a Mark IV widebody combo, with footswitch, AND a Mesa 1x12 3/4 back cab, both in excellent condition, for $1000 plus shipping. Seems like a deal to me, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

Or, should I hold out for a widebody head to use with cabinets?

that is a pretty good deal. i think the widebody combo alone new is around $1700 and mesa's have excellent resale value. You can always convert the chassis in your combo to a head, you would just need to buy an empty head cabinet to transfer it to.

paleamberglow said:
that is a pretty good deal. i think the widebody combo alone new is around $1700 and mesa's have excellent resale value. You can always convert the chassis in your combo to a head, you would just need to buy an empty head cabinet to transfer it to.

WRONG! See the Mesa ProNET Pricing for 2/2006....its actually $1950

So $1000 for the combo and the cab is a steal.

Sell the combo cab for about $150-$175, then order the head cab, its around $300.....and you're set

Better yet keep the combo cab and find a head cab to migrate to if you don't like the hefty weight of the combo but keep the combo for when you decide you want it back in the combo. I actually own a shorthead A version that I own the head cab for and the combo cabinet (it's current home). In case I decide I would like to rack it ever (left rack setups years ago) I also own the rackmount. I couldn't decide whether I liked the older or newer head cabinet design so I also own both of those. I like the versatility of being able to migrate back to head if I need to lug it around. Right now I am not playing out so I just keep it in the combo for convenience.

Back