good chorus and echo/delay effects for dual recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialparasite

Reaction score
What is a good chorus and delay pedal for the dual recto? I have a H20 liquid chorus and echo but the stupid thing has a short in the input jack. I really really dig this pedal and i cant live without echo/delay sound cause i use it a lot on lead work. What do you guys have and how would you rate it? I am thinking about going boss but i dont know if digital delay would sound good on the amp?

I've used a Boss DD-3, DD-20, EHX Memory Man, and H2O for delay; and

Boss Boss CE-2, CE-3, CE-5, CE-20, EHX Small Clone, and H2O for chorus.

I still use a DD-20 and CE-20.....but I'll occasionally use the CE-2 as well. The other's I've sold, but I can review any you're interested in.

Why not just fix the faulty jack if your happy with the H2O? It can't be that hard a repair.

Thanks guys for getting back with me. I took the h20 apart and the jack has a plastic (black) cover over it. IT looks like it is soldered on the board. I have no idea how to fix this thing. I used the H20 for echo more then anything. Screaming which of those effect are better for a spacey lead or metal lead without sucking tone from your amp? I appreciate your feedback

socialparasite said:
Screaming which of those effect are better for a spacey lead or metal lead without sucking tone from your amp? I appreciate your feedback

Boss Super Chorus. It's a little brighter than the others and will cut through high gain a little better than the others (assuming you're using it in front of your amp. The only drawback to it is that it's a little harsh when used for cleans....but that's the tradeoff you make I guess.

thanks screaming i am going to get the boss delay and super chorus. I have owned different pedals over the years and by far boss seems to be the best build. They can take the abuse.

well i went with the boss super chorus which was expected. It was a toss up between the boss delay and the digiteh delay. For some reason i picked the digi tech delay over the boss dd3. IT was a toss up however they both sounded very simliar only that the digitech had 7 modes of delay that i liked. Out of those 7, 3 are very useful and thats what sold me. I never have been a digitech fan on anything to use live but this pedal does not damage your tone and it does not sound all digital sounding which is a plus. Anyways thanks guys for the help

For you guys that have used the H2O, what do you think of it? I've read the good reviews, and heard the online clips, but I'd be interested in more opinions from users. Going to check one out at Guitar Center soon.

I'm not looking for anything wild or wacky. I'd like a chorus that will add a nice shimmer and depth to create a bigger more open sound. For the echo, again looking for "bigness" that can feel like listening to your amp at the other end of a big concert hall. Not trying to cop EVH, but Eruption is the first thing that comes to mind in terms of creating that sense of space. Didn't know whether an "echo" is the right tool for this, but with all the raves about the H2O's quality, I was wondering if this might be able to give me what I'm looking for in a single, simple pedal.

Gordman said:
For you guys that have used the H2O, what do you think of it? I've read the good reviews, and heard the online clips, but I'd be interested in more opinions from users. Going to check one out at Guitar Center soon.

I thought the delay was alright (but not stellar) and the chorus was weak ie, crap.

I've heard that after all the negitive comments they made improvements to the chorus section, but I've only tried the previous version so I can't really comment on them.

Latest posts

Back