Good cables - what a difference

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmerel

Reaction score
Just got some high quality cables, and an LSS which sounded great already sounds much clearer and more articulate. Amazing. Wouldn't have thought it would make such a difference.

I went with GeorgeL's, but any high quality cable will probably do the same.

I found this out a month or two ago as well. While it is kinda a small difference in the clarity to me, it is still there.

I was using Whirlwind Leader cables for years, since the mid 80s actually, but earlier this year I upgraded to Sommer Spirits. The improvement in clarity is HUGE, definitely worth the cost of the upgrade.

I also swapped out the speaker cables for Monsters. I swear I can hear a difference there too. Even my wife noticed from upstairs. I never touched a volume control or eq slider when I swapped speaker cables, but she told me that she thought I had started playing louder (and she did not know I had switched to the Monsters either).

I've been playing with Monster cables and the difference between them and other cables are amazing! Also, the lifetime warrenty is great!

+Mike+

+1 on the Monsters.

There really is no comparison between a good cable and a crap cable.

I have a Monster Jazz instrument cable and Van Den Hul patch and speaker cables. Thinking about trying Klotz instrument cables.

I agree, good cables make a huge difference. I switched to George L's cable and my tone got brighter and punchier. The longer your cable runs, the more important it is to have good quality cables.

CodeTitan said:
I agree, good cables make a huge difference. I switched to George L's cable and my tone got brighter and punchier. The longer your cable runs, the more important it is to have good quality cables.

Yep. I use George L's, too. Very good stuff.

All my cables are Planet Waves, both instrument and speaker cables. Never a failure, crackle, or pop. I noticed a difference after re-rigging with the new cables, which was done all at once....main cable to pedalboard, several jumpers, and from A/B/Y box to two amps which are now connected to their cabs with PW also.

My old cables were a mogrel mixture of off the shelf no-name stuff.

I don't know if PW cables are snooty enough to be called "High Quality" here, but they aren't cheap and they sound first rate to me.

M

Latest posts

Back