Gonna Order A Road King

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
I've just returned my 2nd Carvin V3 and have given up any thoughts about getting a Legacy or an Engl. Late next week, I'm going to Guitar Center and ordering a Series II Road King. I don't care how long it takes to get it. I've got a Peavey JSX and Mesa 2x12 Recto cab, Vox Tonelab and POD XT Live to play until it gets here.

I should have done this a long time ago.

Dave

CudBucket said:
I've got a Peavey JSX and Mesa 2x12 Recto cab

Just a thought but you should honestly think about getting a 4x12 recto or even a road king cab. It will do wonders for you sonically. I just looked at buying a 2x12 and went with the 4x12 slant recto for this reason. It has way more depth and rounds the sound out with more warmth. The 2x12 made the exact same dual rect head sound more like a distortion pedal and more piercing (not in a good way). 2x12 is still good but the 4x12 blew it away.

I honestly play in my house mostly and I have been searching for a good sound for years. I just stayed away from the 4x12 because of the size and practicality of it. Boy was I wrong. Even at super low volumes this thing sounds better. I now have a big smile on my face. Plus the **** thing fits in the trunk of my car! Unless you have to deal with stairs, think about it.

slave,

I've thought of that too. I have a second 2x12 cab that I built. It can be a mono 8ohm cab or stereo 160hm cab. I should plug them both into the JSX at the same time and see what happens. I build it to have the same dimensions as my Recto cab.

You can see it at my site along with my guitar projects. www.dafguitars.com.

Here's a pic. I don't have the V3 anymore (Thank God).

v3_jsx.JPG

Back