GNX4 and 5:25 - 10"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubbs

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question, I have a GNX 4 with the Supermodels patches loaded. If you know the unit and patches you know that any guitar player sound and or amp/cab is available on a foot switch. Now the question; I want to use the power section of my 5:25 and by pass the EQ. Will it work going into the effects loop so it only uses the power section?

REgards,

Nubbs

Yes, but the you'll still adjust for the EL-84 power section and the 10" speaker.
The Express will add its color to the GNX.
Many use studio monitors or powered P.A. speakers for amp modelers for their full-range, un-colored sound.

I just posted something like this in the rectifier group, you can plug your preamp into the fx return then even use a passive A/B box to switch between Express pre and your floor preamp. My Express 5:50 does not mute the preamp until you plug into the fx send, so using only fx return you'll have them both connected in parallel. Some extra noise, but I didn't find it to be too bad

Latest posts

Back